sol or rawr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

markie

should i buy a 93-95 del sol or get a 91 classic se-r

both are front wheel drive and have similar weight distobution, so I going to say that both have about the same potential. There was a thing on Super 2NR TV that had the SE-R vs. the All motor Hondas and what not and they were both pretty close in times, I think the hondas had a second or two faster times.

yea i agree with you, but the sr20 is a great motor lots of trq. And endless mods... and 500 hp on a stock block is hard to argue with

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 14 2004, 10:14 PM
yea i agree with you, but the sr20 is a great motor lots of trq. And endless mods... and 500 hp on a stock block is hard to argue with

So what are you asking for? :unsure:

"A couple of Nissan SR20 motors will pull a premium 2 weeks before Race Wars"

-johnny tran-

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Jan 15 2004, 02:59 AM

-johnny tran-

:thumbsdown: moron

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Jan 14 2004, 05:59 PM

-johnny tran-

Yeah especially when you pull them out of clover green pearl Integras, right?

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 14 2004, 01:14 PM

Lots more torque granted, but it has 400cc's more displacement than the DelSol motors, plus it is turbo'd. I would say if you want an auto-x/ road corse car get the DelSol. If you want to rage the strip and the street get the SE-R, and get an SR20DET swap. Also test drive both of them and find out which one is more comfortable. See if you can find some to test drive that have been lightly modified, as it sounds like you will be going down that path. Compare seats, shifters, shifter positions, interiors, ect.
Good Luck.

yea i have driven stock sentras,and modded ones it had i/h/e and a 50 shot.My sol was stock for awhile, so i kno the feel of both.

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Jan 14 2004, 07:30 PM-->
JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT
@Jan 14 2004, 05:59 PM

-johnny tran-

Yeah especially when you pull them out of clover green pearl Integras, right?

Exactly what i was thinking. But seriously, i had a friend in high school that bought an se-r and he put all this money into it, the car never really got much faster, he did all sorts of stuff like intake, header, exhaust, cams, clutch. i used to race him in my gs-r all the time. he would beat me up to about 45mph after that i was all over him. he would get all pissed off cause his car couldnt hang with a mostly stock honda.

for your money i would sat to go with the sol...

if your gonna get a Sol, get the 93-95. OBD1 will be more responsive to mods. Also, IMO the 95-97's are ugly w/o the aux lights (though coming from a guy with a 93, i guess that doesnt mean much). Either way, go for the VTEC model. Then put a type R block in it :D

the SE-R's are tight. I would personally get the Del Sol just because its a honda and I like honda this much.......
s401076ee7c842.jpg

Back