Some Current Projects in Our Shop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

These are a couple projects that we have in the shop right now that I thought I would share with you..

This is a VR4 we rebuilt the motor from the block up.. It was blown when it came in here and now is leaving with a fresh motor and upgraded Twins (13G's) and a new FMIC Kit that still needs the Pipes Chromed and little accents in the Motor chromed before our big show here locally. Its also getting the complete 99 VR4 makeover. From everything to the Wing, Front bumper along with the Side Window Caps.

project2.JPG

project1.JPG

project13.JPG

The Next Project we have is a Mazda RX7 (FD).. It is a recieving a New 13B courtesy of Mazdatrix along with a New Turbo made by XS Engineering. We are still working on the Final stages on this RX7 but projected WHP is around the 400 range.

project3.JPG

project4.JPG

The next one in our shop is a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. This car has 15K Miles on it and Spun a bearing and Mazda will not warranty the car.. So this is the perfect time to upgrade.. :) It will be receiving a new Block along with all new Forged Internals and all other Bolt ons including JIC Exhaust, Perrin FMIC, and DEFI guages and Profec B Boost Controller along with a Greddy Turbo Timer.

project5.JPG

project6.JPG

This Next car is a Supercharged GSR that we got in with a blown motor. So we are pulling the motor and getting ready to put in new CP Pistons, Peak Rods, Along with complete Peak Valvetrain along with Peak Cams. We are also trying to get him in a set of JIC Coilovers on it and get rid current suspension setup.

project7.JPG

project8.JPG

Now this is a new one added to our stable. This car may look familiar to some that have seen our Videos.. This is the car in the WRX vs Z06 Video that was really popular.. This car now sits with a hole in the block due to the last tuner on the car and now its here at our shop.. The Car is getting a new 2.5 Shortblock and the heads are being setup to get re-worked.. It currently has a T67 Turbo on it along with a ton of other parts that would take 1/2 a page to type out.

project10.JPG

project11.JPG

This last one is a IS300 that we are still deciding what to do with it.. We have thought boost or Supercharger.. Only problem this car is a 5 Speed and are known to be weak with making decent power. So we may end up just putting a bottle on the car (which we already have) and Jet it for a 75hp shot and its going to be getting a ton of JIC parts here in the next month or two.

project12.JPG

Just thought I would share for people that may be interested in what another shop is doing and showing you that even in the Midwest we have some decent cars and do some good work..

Thanks all.

JIC = Da Bomb.. :)

After driving on a set of these I would not roll on anything else man. The Coilovers are just sick along with all their other products.. Hey give me a call when ya get a minute Will.

That's all pretty cool, but are you sure you should be taking pictures of customers' cars and posting them online?

There ok with it.. Our shop is pretty open were all not secretly we also put all of the pictures on our website so I thought I would share.

Most of the cars here are our friends.. Only a couple cars do we keep underwraps around here. One being mine.. :)

is that you're shop or do you work there? i'm just curious cuz i'd kinda like to start something like that in the future and i'd like to see how other people got their start in the business.

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Jan 25 2005, 01:11 PM
Most of the cars here are our friends.. Only a couple cars do we keep underwraps around here. One being mine.. :)
[post=451181]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha...you guys have NO idea how under wraps Cory keeps his car....lmmfao

Its me and another guy here. Basically he started it and got real busy working out of his garage and then got this shop we have now and he brought me on to do all sales and books and take care of that side of it because I am kinda business Savy along with knowing everyone in this town..

Its tough to get up and going I don't reccomend it to alot of people but if you work hard and do good work and treat customers right you can take off because right now we are WAY backed up but its alot better than not having anything.

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Jan 25 2005, 01:11 PM
There ok with it.. Our shop is pretty open were all not secretly we also put all of the pictures on our website so I thought I would share.

[post=451181]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok- just checking. I know that I wouldn't want someone at the shop taking pictures of my car and posting them up online without asking for permission first.

Yeah these are cars that will be in our booth at a local show here so they will be shown off anyways.. And I just got done doing a write up on the for another person so I figured I would share it here.

Back