1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some incar footage from buttonwillow

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by B16, Feb 22, 2006.

1. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

This was my first time driving the Del Slo down at this track. Its near Bakersfield in So. Cal. Great track, about 3.0 miles in length and about the same speed as Thunderhill. I picked up the track pretty quickly, except at the very end of the video I go 4 wheels off. OOPS! Haha, I tried to take "lost hills" in 4th gear because I was shifting down to 3rd all day and it felt like a waste of time. Well, I tried to go through it in 4th trying to keep up with an NSX and she got sideways. By the time I had it straight again, I was out of track. DOH! :) Oh well. Got some neat cars in the video, 2 retired speed world challenge viper GTR's that were loud as fuck and shot flames out their side exhausts when they lifted. Some guy was out there in his Ferarri 360 Challenge Stradale, pretty decent driver too. Damn that thing sounded sweet! :) Downside was there were drifters on the track, which really does not work for other drivers on an open track day because of the off lines they take to drift :\ . Brc80 came on Saturday, unfortunately they weren't letting people take passengers, oh well. He got to hitch a ride for a session with my buddy in his basically stock 91 miata. :) Oh well, otherwise a good event that my friends help run. Cheap and you get tons of track time. Anyways here is the video, I think its about 20 minutes long in total.

ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/buttonWillow0206.wmv

Here is the config we ran Clockwise:
    [​IMG]

2. tylonalsnifnfool

tylonalsnifnfool Senior Member

Damn, I want to watch this so bad but it dont work for me.
    [​IMG] your my hero [​IMG]

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i live here in Bakersfield.. i've been wanting to get a better setup on my suspension and hit up the track.. i have a friend thats a girl.. she goes out there in her SRT-4..

its not letting me either

i keep gettin this

**Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").**

4. NissanNiNjA2nd

NissanNiNjA2nd Senior Member

DLing the vid now.

Few questions.

What tires are you running

what are you making on the ground?

and with you in it bout how much does your sol weigh?

5. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

It should play in your media player? it did for me, strange... try right clicking and save target as.

Tires:
    205/50/15 Toyo RA1's that were initially shaved at 4/32'nds. I have about 4 track days left on them.

I'm making 164 hp and 110 tq at the wheels, basically stock B16 with a TypeR head and basic bolt ons.

From my memory Sol weighs 2450 with me in it from corner balancing it.

6. NissanNiNjA2nd

Downloaded 37megs its just under 20 min long.

I SAW AN ELISE! Pretty car, bad color.

And.... AWESOME driving. Cept for that last little "twitch" everything looked awesome..

are you liking the Toyo's? Ive heard mixed reviews and am thinking of getting some tires coming up for this season's auto-x.

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

Ya, thats what I get for experimenting on that turn. haha. Oh well, no harm no foul. :) Thanks for the comment. That elise was a good driver too, he was playing with that Ferrari all day long. I love the Toyo's, awesome tire for price and longevity. If you're looking for the stickiest, get hoosiers, although those don't last long at all.

8. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

yeah, you can't stream from an ftp site guys. save target as :p

9. NissanNiNjA2nd

I am going to be looking for a 1 season tire.. however that is about 20 events
    with 5-8 runs per event and each run lasting about 2 min.

Wow Brian.. I half expected a negative comment from you.... oh wait. :ph34r:

10. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

I was able to stream from the FTP. :\

If you shave them, they actually last longer. Full tread its a rain tire.

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

finally watched the thing.

i'm shocked that for the first 5 min or so.... that those were advanced class drivers.... i don't even want to know what the beginner class looked like.

the civic you were following before the lawn mowing incident looked real solid though.

and wtf happened to that teg when the viper came up behind him. looks like he just up and spun out in the middle of a straight??

12. eg6sir

nice... looks like alot of fun.. i need to get out there

13. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

Werd, about the first 5 min thing. Earlier in that vid (not in clip) you can hear me and my passenger discussing that very thing. I think they were instructors driving the beginners cars in the advanced group. Because the cars were marked beginner, but they were in advanced.

Ya, that was a civic Si driven by a friend of a friend, he's a good driver.

Haha, I know, I think he got spooked by that big bad viper and he just went off. I couldn't tell what the hell happened. Those vipers were VERY intimidating coming up behind you though.

14. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

bah, there's no reason to get intimitated. make 'em wait, or make them go off the line to pass you. Its when the lead car makes wierd moves that causes crashes for no reason.

its just like snowboarding. stay your line, and if someone is coming down the hill faster, its their job to go around you.

15. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Drifters ? People screwing around, or people actually there to practice drift?

16. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

so what'd it cost to run for the day?

17. eg6sir

i think it runs about 150.. not sure though.. i was trying to remember what a friend told me after going out there..

18. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

That is true, with every other car I've shared the track with. Something about seeing that SPEEDVISION banner on the windshield does it I think. haha

They had their 240sx SR20 Turbo cars with all the dorifito stickers all over them and they had wacky JDM hair cuts with mis-matching clothes, so I guess real drifters? I don't know, I don't think they should have been out there with us, it was quite the disturbance, they're very unpredictable as to what line they're going to take.

Ya, its usually around $150 a day, this one was $240 for both days. I think I put on around 200 miles on track alone from that weekend.

19. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Another Drift hater.

Drifting really is something that you have to experience before forming an opinion. I hated Drift, I tried it, now I'm hooked.

20. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

regardless of wheter you like drifting or hate it it doesnt change the fact that it doesnt belong on a track where others are racing (or practiceing racing)

unpredictable lines, impropper lines, jerky movements, etc.....
    it is dangerous for everyone there
    and frankly its not what the event is for
    im actually rather supprized that they werent asked to leave

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted