Some People have wondered what I've been up to

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Apr 15 2005, 02:50 PM
i dunno about that... my buddy has a raptor 660, and the highest he has ever registered on the trailtech is like 69ish... THAT is a scary ride... 4th gear, 20mph, roll into the throttle and it lifts the front wheels like nothing... SCARY TORQUE...
[post=487624]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, that's supposedly what my buddie's brother told me. Check it.

This thing scares the crap out of me. Seriously, I guess full throttle in 3rd, the front'll come right up.

TRX450R_large_02.jpg

Yeah. I really want to source a quad now and build one from the ground up. From what I've read they're extremely easy to work on, and swapping my buddies was a cinch and they're not too expensive.

God I'm siked. Its like I found a new hobby, and I haven't even ridden since my first time.

$6600 with a kickstart?!?! No Thanks! And it looks like no reverse either...

My buddy has a honda 400ex, and it cant even come CLOSE to my buddy's raptor...

That seems like a nice bike... but ride a raptor... you'll change your mind... :)

EDIT: Or a KFX 700...

Like I said, was my first time ever riding. I haven't even gotten on the thing yet.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Apr 16 2005, 08:05 AM
$6600 with a kickstart?!?! No Thanks! And it looks like no reverse either...

My buddy has a honda 400ex, and it cant even come CLOSE to my buddy's raptor...

That seems like a nice bike... but ride a raptor... you'll change your mind... :)

EDIT: Or a KFX 700...
[post=487778]Quoted post[/post]​

okay, first of all, you CANNOT compare a 400ex to a 450R. it just can't be done. the 450R got its engine from the honda crf450r (a.k.a.- the bike that ricky carmichael had a PERFECT season on). okay, now that we've got that settled...... dirt wheels magazine did a comparison between the new yamaha 450(which is supposed to be ten times better than the raptor) and the honda trx450r; and the results: the honda was faster and quicker in both stock form and in tuned form (they tried out various parts on both quads and ran multiple tests). they did top speed runs, and i tried going to dirt wheels online, to get specific numbers, but they didn't have that article in there.... i think the top speed they got on the stock 450r was 78, but i can't remember for sure. also, i think they weren't at sea level in the desert somewhere.

my bro has the magazine 560 miles away, so i can't just look in it.

anyway, quad's and atv's are great. my bro and i have a 98 foreman 450es..... however, it's in need of a brake rebuild and new tires, and i think the winch is causing a parasitic drain that keeps causing batteries to go dead.

WAH it has a kick starter....

If you ever go to a track on a bike push it up to the starting line and hit the start button.........

SMACK!

Starters=Weight. and when you race a bike the last thing on your mind is comfort.

If you get into more of the plush bikes then yes its nice to have a starter. but for ATVs/Cycles that are made for racing I'd just have to call you a pussy. =)

p.s same goes for the reverse.

yfz450.JPG

Here is a picture of my 4-wheeler. YFZ450, recommend to anyone that wants a bike to get this one.

That is funny that someone is spending that much time on a Blaster! But here are some pics of the quad that started the high performance craze, does anyone know what it is? I used to race motocross with this until my car got wrecked. Then I had to sell this quad and buy a Civic. This is what $15000 will build you, if you are willing to spend the money!
wODg4NjM2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wODg4NjM3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

"$15,000 for a Qaud, " I BELIVE IT, if a motorcross bike can cost in upwards of 10k to 20k, yeah i think a quad can fit in there somewhere :)

noah...let me know when you get it running i will throw my quad in the back of the truck and go riding with you. teach you how to wheelie that thing..

:eek: I forgot you ride! SWEET!

I haven't had much time to do anything to it lately.... I'll get back on it..

and as far as so much time into a blaster, ITS A TOY... I'm not in it to race, to beat people, or say "look! I have 660cc of power!"

Which is the same reason I want something eventually with reverse, electric start, and more lighting power... Who knows... maybe i'll eventually buy a 4wd or something.... I dont care about being the fastest thing out there...

electric start, reverse, 4 stroke, very comfortable, you should buy my quad, 04 kfx 400, kawasaki green.

Originally posted by Think@Apr 22 2005, 11:12 AM
honda 250r ?
[post=490056]Quoted post[/post]​

That's correct, I loved that thing! I wish that I still had it because it was such a rush to race.

yeah, but i only want to spend $1500-$2000 on one... thats IF i sell my blaster for about $1k...

EDIT: Also remember, i gotta save up to buy some fittys for the little one down the road... ;)

Last night was the first night in a while that i've touched it... I went out there on monday night to work on it, took one look, said this place is a FUCKIN PIGSTY, and spent 3 hours cleaning up...

Last night I got the following on:

Bars
Front Brake Lever
Both Foot Pegs

Today I went to the dealer, and picked up a clutch cover gasket, drive gear nut, and ordered the seals for the steering shaft.

This weekend i'm gonna try to get the motor all set, and back in the bike hopefully... Then things will really start coming back together.

I've had my project warrior for like 2 months now but i still havn't had a chance($) to put it together. My friend sold it to me for $30 with a blown motor. All i need is a new rod, all new bearing, .020 over piston, bore job, and jet kit. Other than that she in decent shape. Can't beat $30 for a '97 warrior.

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Apr 28 2005, 04:31 PM
I've had my project warrior for like 2 months now but i still havn't had a chance($) to put it together. My friend sold it to me for $30 with a blown motor. All i need is a new rod, all new bearing, .020 over piston, bore job, and jet kit. Other than that she in decent shape. Can't beat $30 for a '97 warrior.
[post=492684]Quoted post[/post]​

wanna sell it? Got pics of it? Where in NY are you? I'm HIGHLY interested in it.

Back