South Carolina?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Congrats.

I believe living expenses should be close to or lower than you live now. That should also factor into your decision. I know a lot companies are opening up shop there because the living costs are lower.

Thanks! Im noticing housing is cheaper. I dont know about day to day expenses tho.

If you're close to your family now it sucks moving across the country. Have to make all new friends, find new favorite places to go, etc. Your kid won't be able to see his relatives very often. There are lots of plusses but some minuses too.

Pretty much everywhere I have been in the U.S. pales in comparison to just how beautiful it is up here in the NW. It might rain, but it sure is pretty up here.

Ya, I talked to my mom about it a little. I know she doesnt like the idea because she wouldnt keep the conversation going. Im sure thats because she doesnt want to miss anything with my son.

Thats my hang up also. My family spends a lot of time with my parents and my brothers. Im worried about how theyll do without family around.

If I do end up gettin the spot Ill definitely miss Mt Rainier. Ive spent 25 years lookin at it, and I havent got tired of it once lol.

i spent 23 years in connecticut,i love and miss that place.but sometimes you have to make changes,especially if its to better yourself.

Unless you really love your job and there are no opportunities here, just remember that money only buys comfortable things and fun stuff. Typically you can't buy happiness though.

Ya, I talked to my mom about it a little. I know she doesnt like the idea because she wouldnt keep the conversation going. Im sure thats because she doesnt want to miss anything with my son.
I'm looking into a visa to go to Australia for a year. I imagine we had similar convos. My mother is afraid I'll like it and never come back. I did tell her that fear had some validity to it.

i spent 23 years in connecticut,i love and miss that place.but sometimes you have to make changes,especially if its to better yourself.
I feel the same way. I love NJ. It'll always be home. But this is not the entire world. You have to get out and experience things.

Unless you really love your job and there are no opportunities here, just remember that money only buys comfortable things and fun stuff. Typically you can't buy happiness though.
He's not going to Iraq. He's going somewhere people go on vacation. Worst case scenario, you do it for a year or two, decide it's not for you, and go about the process of moving back.

I say go for it.

exactly^ its a hell of alot easier to move back to a place you know and have ties in..give it a shot like slush said.

I'm looking into a visa to go to Australia for a year. I imagine we had similar convos. My mother is afraid I'll like it and never come back. I did tell her that fear had some validity to it.

I have an aunt that lives there and a bunch of buddies that just moved just for a year. Also my best friend had a girl that and was visiting every couple months for a while. EVERYONE LOVES IT. Outside of the crazy animals and crazy weather. I've heard so many amazing things, I'm going to probably visit next year there while I have places to stay.

Looking for a job there to get the work visa? shoot me a pm.

a double salary move is probably worth it.

but don't forget to factor in the 2 or so trips a year for grandma, or the inlaws. plus you back and forth for the holidays every now and then. at 3x tickets for you too a couple times a year can quickly eat 10k out of your pocket.

Welp, info is sent. Management has been notified through my contact, with a recommendation from him.

Right now there are 2 steps between me and this spot. Both up to me alone. Fingers crossed.

Welp, info is sent. Management has been notified through my contact, with a recommendation from him.

Right now there are 2 steps between me and this spot. Both up to me alone. Fingers crossed.

You'll get it.

I'm gonna just guess you work for Boeing or Google.

They both have been bringing tons of workers from the NW so that they can fill spots that alot of people here just aren't qualified for.

I live kinda on the line between Summerville and North Charleston, so you should take my advice as the purest and most realistic.

But as for the area, it's nice. There's like 4 women to each guy here, and that is one of the best things, although I guess you won't be able to enjoy that...

The beaches are not as bad as they used to be, in fact they're much better in cases like Folly Beach, where they banned alcohol consumption. There's virtually no litter now because of it.

I was there the day the riot broke out at Folly. That's why the local authorities put a stop to letting people freely drink on the beach. Now there's not all the usual douchebags, so you won't have to worry about running into 'dickskate' if you get my drift.

Summerville would be the place to go find a house though. It's a great area, really nice and has some of the better schools in the area, but Dorchester County is where it's at.

If you have any other questions I got you dude...

Gas is 3.30ish a gallon for reg, 3.40 mid grade, and like 3.60 for premium... and if you smoke, cig's are like half the price of where you're at

Back