speed governor on 92-95 civics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Maybe he put tires of dimension 155/60/13, so hes tacho really SHOWED that speed :D

i've had my 00 si up to 150 boosted with disabled speed sensor, it's not fun going that fast in a honda anyways. n/a with my b16, i don't think it could get to that speed very easily if at all, and keep in mind, these are close gears, so it would take 2 days to reach that speed with a dx tranny. so yes, this thread is bs.

Originally posted by ReDLiNe_9700K@Nov 19 2004, 10:55 AM
does a stock 92-95 civic ECU have a speed governor?? a friend of mine clains to
have gone 146 mph in his stock civic 1.5L non vtec i think its bull shit but he swears it hits 146 with no problem. my stock accord fuelcuts off at 125 and its hard to beleive thay my accord has a governor and his dosent
[post=419261]Quoted post[/post]​

SORRY, NOT HAPPENIN, I HAVE A 92 dx hatch, with the d15b7, i have had mine up to 121 in 4th, but thats about as fast as it will go because of the limiter, maybe 125 for an si, but sorry, unless it has been chiped, then maybe, there is enough in the tranny to get it up there, but the motor isn't meant to do that. i once was going down highway 505 @ 118mph, my friend needed to get to the hospital, my engine smoked for a couple of days, now its fine, but not meant for the high mph. so, i'm sorry to say your freind is lying, even down hill, it would take a long time. not enough top end!!!

Well since the thread is back i have to add No stock 92-95 usdm civic has enough umph to go more than 135 mph.

146 mph is retarded, the car aerodynamics would probably hold it back also, but I'm not positive.

I got the 1st LS swap civic up to 125, then let off because I'm not a complete idiot.

oK i had a 93 civic and hit limit almost every week looking for trouble with whatever would go with me over 100

it would NOT go over 120 period on the down hill and it drove strong 60k miles or so.. i wanna say it limited either right after 110 or just before 120

i dont know ther diff in jdm and all that for what the ecu will do
this was us/dx/hatch~

then again a friend had left me standing at 110-120 and kept fading in a dx coupe

long ass roads and plenty down hills between oklahoma and texas and i still dont see that one doing 146 with minor boltons

I got my 93 hatch with the z6 and d15b cam. I have a custom tranny that is sweet, till i hit 4th. i have a cx tranny with an si final drive. my 3rd pulls really freakin hard too 110, but 4th is slow and the engine canot pull it past 130. Im gona swap it out with the dx or SI 4th, to get a little more top end. But since this is in the ecu section, how do you get the top speed limiter off? Can you do it in uberdata? and is it an actual top speed limiter, or a rev limiter?

And i doubt your dude got the car that fast.

its actually a fuel cut-off thats determined by you speed and i think you can preety much do anyhting with uberdata

Back