speedometer problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

l_toknee_l

just wondering if anyone could help me out . i drive a 94 accord lx automatic . while i was driving down the highway i noticed my D4 light started blinking and then next thing my speedometer dropped to zero and stayed there since . later the engine light came on too . i thought it might just be a sensor or a blown fuse but i dont know what to do . any suggestions ?! thanks .

thanks . i just tried it and it blinked 1 long and 7 short . so i am guessing it is a code 17 . i believe that it is the speed sensor right ? well what do i do now ?

I had the same problem, it threw the same code (17) and when i changed my speedometer cable, the CEL turned off.

thanks . so i guess all i have to do now is replace it . how much does it cost for a new speed sensor cable ?!

You wouldn't need a cable, but yet a Vehicle speed sensor, the actual thing that goes in the transmission.

nevermind . i just called up honda and they told me it would be around 120 . goddamm . would it be a problem if i didnt replace it ? ahaha its not like i really need it . o well thanks for all the help guys .

i was wondering . could i use a speed sensor off a prelude or an accord ex tranny ?

Maybe, check an interchange manual, or have your local Honda parts dealer check the numbers to see if they match. 90-97 are pretty close to one another, and they probably share parts, or are the same. I'd try 90-95 first.

Back