spool range for this turbo on this setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dark91zc

DSC02158.JPG

DSC02159.JPG

here is the site and i got this turbo for free :)
i am going to be putting this on a sohc d series that is rebuild with fresh bearings. this is what i am using sohc zc block because of the 0.040 piston to deck clearance. d16z6(p28) pistons because of the -10.10 cc dish. d16y8 vtec head (because it is vtec and i fried my z6 vtec head :cry: ) it has 32.80 cc per cyclinder. i am using a pm6 cusco p&p intake. civic standard (3) turbo mani 2 2-1/2 piping with gsr cat cherry bomob glass pack and a raptor turbo muffler. all on 9 p.s.i. of boost

all comments are welcome :)

spool at about 2k and then it looks like peak turbo efficency at 5k...but that doesnt mean that is the end of your power...youll need to tune for that.

I am curious about this turbo too, i was looking into gettting one for my d-series about 9 months ago.

Assuming 90% VE and 90F intake temperature... you're probably looking at full spool to 9spi around 4000-5000rpm and peak efficiency close to 8000rpm, but much better utilized if you rev the engine all the way to 10000rpm.

I would call that turbo "a bit too large" for that engine.

Back