spoon engine in 1994 integra gs-r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraenthusiest

i am thinking about getting a b18c spoon engine in my 94 teg. would this be worth

the money(6,370.00)? and i also am lookind to get a 11 or 12 sec daily driver out

of this setup. any and all suggestions or comments on this swap would be

extremely helpful.

No............ go find a (good) builder tell him/them what you want out of your car, let them run some Hp/tq numbers by you and then prices and go that rought. You will spend less and gain more. If not just (more for your money) then (more suited to your goals for less then the spoon engine).

You should try jeff at importbuilders he'll put a good enging combo for what you want. Spoon and jun engines arent really built for drag racing more for autocross and such that has alot of high rev racing for long periods. But importbuilders will be able to build what you want

It wouldint be suited for Autocross either. Its a road race setup.

but if not the spoon engine then i was probably going for the jdm itr motor. would

that be a better setup for drag racing? And could anyone tell me what i would need

to strengthen my block/head to run 11's? I am only asking this because i probably

have went way overboard on the engine, i think it was something like 20k for all

the mods i was putting on the car to run 11s. i that like way over the top or is that

about the right price?

I've gone a little over 20k and everyone says I'm stupid for doing it. If its a drag car, there's probably ne need to do what your doing. Don't get an ITR for drag racing. Get a GSR and turbo it or build it. No reason to spend the $$ on an ITR when you will need to gut it and replace internals for an 11s car. Just do it with a GSR. Save a few k.

edit unless you're like me and just wanna give it a shot...then I say go for it /edit

my friend has a type r b18c in his 93 vx and he turned a 13.8 with only i/h/e and cheapo tires. If that helps you put it in perspective. Id go gsr and build it up.

If drag is your thing, than Spoon crates are not for you.

IMO a H22A, or built crvtec would suit your purposes just fine. Maybe start thinking about forced induction and a GSR.

Back