Standard In-Dash TV

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BB1_Lude

Ok i bought a jap import prelude it comes with loads of tasty gadgets and TV in the dash as standard, I've been looking for wiring diagrams or help how to wire it but no luck, just wondering if anyone on here could possibly help me get it wired at all
confused.gif

here are a few pics of wat im working with, im not sure if anyone has come across it, its the first Prelude ive seen with a tv in the dash as standard... dont really get that many preludes up in scotland for that matter :rolleyes:

The Tuner is all in japanese so i cant make it out:-
www.komplexgames.co.uk/Jap_tuner.JPG

This is the Remote for the tuner:-
www.komplexgames.co.uk/Tuner_remote.JPG

This TV Control Unit has letters A-K on it, i plugged them all in but still nothin. I hear a clicking sound comin from My Speakers and the control unit when i play about with the tuner so there is life in it. All of the cables im sure are correct except for connection (I) or (J) which im having doubts about:-
www.komplexgames.co.uk/TV_control_unit.JPG

This just plugs into the control unit for power nothin much more to be said about it:-
www.komplexgames.co.uk/Radio_con.JPG

These connections are comin from the TV, The little pin connector at my thumb plugs into the tuner, the 2 on the left plug into the control unit, but its the 1 on the right i dont think i have plugged in correctly:-
www.komplexgames.co.uk/TV_con.JPG

I will take pictures of the TV tomoro in the morning and better light, its not a big TV but its still nice :D

the problem your gonna have with that tv is that the radio tuner is tuned for frequencys in japan. it will not pick up radio stations in the us. just wanted to let ya know before ya try to install it then come to find out you cant use the radio in it.

Im in the UK :p i can pick up British radio stations ok, if anything i wont get british tv because its a japanese tuner but there is a video -in and stereo plugs in the front so i can plug in like a dvd player so but i need to know how to wire the TV up properly

cheers

Back