started obd1 swap today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smashed4thgen

any advice /tips?who has done it?please tell me its worth it...

also with obd1 it has only one wire for fuel pump and stuff?
thanks
mike d

not to sure id like to venture into that one, but i do want to know where you got or are getting the conversion harness for obd0-1 im looking for one at the moment and how much...

check locashracing.com im pretty sure they have a conversion harness and itll be a hell of a lot easier and probably cheaper in the long run. wiring over to obd1 is not something you really wanna do if youre a beginner or dont have someone around thats done it before.

Originally posted by smashed4thgen@Sep 7 2003, 12:55 AM
any advice /tips?who has done it?please tell me its worth it...

also with obd1 it has only one wire for fuel pump and stuff?
thanks
mike d

i must be blind cuz all i see is that you were looking for advice/tips on how to do it. sorry for trying to save you some time and one hell of a pain in the ass!

it was in the title of the post..and i did it without using a harness jumper because the two that i orderd and paid for express shipping (next day air)was put on back order with and est of 3 months...
iam not trying to be dick or anything...
when i asked for tips and advice, i was meaning things like the best way to run wires threw the fire wall and use oem connectors so it looks cleam....

i might not have many posts on this sight because i dont fill the board with nonsence...i only post when i have a legit question..

sometimes iam short with what i wright because i would think people would understand what advice is...and not jump in and straight tell someone what they already know....
thanks again
mike d

ps:eek:nce again iam not trying to pick a fight..nor am i trying to start a flamewar.. :D

Back