Starter motorcycle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

I was thinking about getting an old cheap motorcycle to start riding..Something I won't care about laying down, just something I can learn on.. this look like a good beginner bike?

click here

TOP GUN!

but that was a full-fairing 1000 Interceptor

My old roommate had one like that...red and black 750
It was a decent bike, he never had any serious issues with it.

its a good around town bike...

I'd go up to $800 for it...

but thats just me

I can get that bike for $800 running. Make no mistake, $400 for it not running is about right. God knows what's actually wrong with it.

who knows whats wrong with it, He doesn't describe anything wrong.. Sounds like a good deal to me..

damn its passed the amount i wanted to pay for it.. oh well

anything about that size is a good starter bike...

my friend got a kawasaki ninja 500r for his first bike, awesome starter bike and can be found dirt cheap. His was a 2000 with 8k on it, got it for 2600 from a dealer. Decently quick, decent handling, and dirt cheap insurance.

do you have your lisence or just your permit? I finally broke down after riding for almost 5 years on my permit and am in the middle of taking the MSF course. Its very simple, but it helps with your technique for the stupid stuff that you would forget about or never learn if no one really taught you how to ride right. Also you get your lisence at the end which is nice not having to go to the DMV, and best of all its FREE!!!

id be all over your CBR if i didnt get ripped off by the insurance co for my car..... with my extra cash saved up after getting a beater i only have like 3500 to spend on a bike :dry:

Quoted post[/post]]
id be all over your CBR if i didnt get ripped off by the insurance co for my car..... with my extra cash saved up after getting a beater i only have like 3500 to spend on a bike :dry:

My CBR cost me 38 bucks a month for full coverage.

weird, my 350Z droped 20 bucks a month but my bike went up 4 bucks. I guess I'll take the trade off.
the CBR use to be 34 a month.

i wasnt talking about insurance for the bike, its dirt cheap compared to a car

i ment i got screwed with my settlement for my stolen car and didnt get paid nearly enough for it, i could get a new bike and afford the payments but i dont need another thing to pay every month, especially when i graduate in a year

Quoted post[/post]]
i wasnt talking about insurance for the bike, its dirt cheap compared to a car

You're way off on that statment for insurance for a bike is cheap.

some people like me its cheap, other people, it can be super high.

all depends on, age, driving record, credit score, location.

I could get a Busa for under $100 a month to insure with full coverage. I've seen a few people on the forums who were quoted over 10K a year for insurance.

get a few quotes before buying anything.

ok then let me rephrase what i said.... for the price-range bike im going to buy and with my msf discount ive priced my insurance to be pretty damn cheap compared to my car...

Back