Starting b-series Swap in Dx Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jme0299

need help with b-series Swap in Dx Crx

Well I Bought a 89 crx dx that had a previous lsvtec swap in it. I'm starting fresh with it now so i am goin to start of by refreshing the engine bay with a deep clean in which it needs and since the interior is already gutted, i'll be adding a 6point cage with some recaro's just to keep it clean. Starting with the bay area i would like to begin scrapping unneccessary stuff that i have in there also the battery needs to be placed in the back. so basically i want to start a wire tuck on this car first off. they guy sold the motor and wire harness so wires are spliced at the bay. so if there is any other threads that u guys have seen with pics in doin an wire tuck will help greatly or advice from u guys out there. i am still undecided with goin straight ls for now or doin a gsr head on a b20 block. but my mission right now is prepping her up b4 i decide what motor to put in. also i want to put in some prelude rotors and do a rear disc conversion. so i need some help in that part. take a look and i'm taking everyones opinion and advice in starting my new project thanks. the more help the more reps. thanks:cool:

Attachments

• my crx.jpg
    my crx.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 377
  • engine bay.jpg
    engine bay.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 442
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 242
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 228
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
the brakes are going to be off 90-93 da integra. I swapped the whole trailing arm with bushing change and the fronts also. you need the 40/40 proportional valve as well as the master cylinder all from ls gs rs w/o abs

you might want to consider just swapping the whole front spindles/brakes from a DA integra, if you are planning to a four wheel disc conversion, might be easier than prelude rotors.

yes when you do the rears you should use the 40/40 prop valve from the donor car(located on the passenger fender by the engine harness plugs) and the disc parking brake cables, but your master cylinder should be fine.

sometimes used brakes suck so make sure you can loosen the bleeder screws before you install them.

how much of your wire harness are you missing?

i am missing just the harness within the engine bay, but the crx is dx and i just ordered a si harness. I also just got my b20 block of an crv, and now i am going to order my pistons and rods 11.1 compression. i am in orlando fl and now i gotta try to find a shop that can balance and shave my crank, without raping my pockets lol.

the Si harness wont plug to a dx chassis harness.
and a chassis harness is a huge bitch to remove, if you can find an Si one to pull out.

the main difference I know of besides the MPFI, is the distributor has two extra wires with a round plug.

contact rywire they will help you out alot..or you could search around on dpfi-mpfi and obd1 conversion wiring...
b20vtec in that car will be pretty damn fun..

whats up with the tail lights...?
u took off the first layer ?
or are they the whiteouts...?

their some old drappy clear lens. i aint worrying bout it. i'm in da process of building my motor, havent even had time to put up pics or anything even being online.

I already got my car wired up, cv's are ready to pop in when i put in my motor and tran. now i'm wondering if i should get an hondata s300 or should i chip a p28???

Back