stateside 2003 CTR (swap)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by rsaeini@Aug 25 2003, 05:08 PM
dude. that's Shawn Hillier's EP. everyone is SoCal knows that EP. well, if they don't they need to.

i live under a rock :ph34r:

price is high shit, didnt you guys see his other civic that was in magazines. he was selling it for 40k on jdmhondaparts

its a Civic Si not a Type-R. it has a JDM 2003 Integra Type-R motor in it. y'all need to read more carefully :)

its a pretty sic ride. i like it...although now i think ima have to go change my shorts....

honda needs someone who knows what is going on tuning wise. all they see is people sporting hatchbacks, thats why they went to a hb for the 2003 si they dont know why odviously seeing the 2003 si weighs 2700 lbs plus

sorry guys. i didn't mean it like that.
shawn hillier has been in the import scene for a while. him and jeremy lookofsky go way back. remember the L'Natulral CRX that used to be the fastest all-motor honda until Erick Auguliar came into play, shawn owned that crx and jeremy was the driver.

that's why i said everyone knows shawn.

s'ok. i am so out of the loop i didnt even know there was an import scene until about a year ago.

Originally posted by xyswany@Aug 25 2003, 11:06 PM
honda needs someone who knows what is going on tuning wise. all they see is people sporting hatchbacks, thats why they went to a hb for the 2003 si they dont know why odviously seeing the 2003 si weighs 2700 lbs plus

The only reason the 03 SI weighs that much because the people want safety which prompts the government to pass laws to make cars safer.

If you wanna lose weight rip apart your car door and take the side impact beams out. You'll die on impact with anything larger than a Geo Metro, but not if you jump on the gas in time because your car will be about 150 lbs lighter.

there is no fucking way in hell taking out your impact beams will loose you 150 lbs. take off your stock door and tell me how much it weighs. even a fucking 70's caddy door weighs under 100 lbs, so taking out a 1 1/2 inch x 4 foot pipe is not going to drop you no 150 lbs. maybe like 20.

Originally posted by xyswany@Aug 26 2003, 12:12 AM
there is no fucking way in hell taking out your impact beams will loose you 150 lbs. take off your stock door and tell me how much it weighs. even a fucking 70's caddy door weighs under 100 lbs, so taking out a 1 1/2 inch x 4 foot pipe is not going to drop you no 150 lbs. maybe like 20.

Ever even seen inside a car newer than 2 yrs?

Some of these side beams are not wimpy 1 1/2 inch x 4 foot PIPE...they're solid pieces of steel (or some other strong metal).

Do you think a 20 lb pipe would make much of a difference in a 60 mph crash?

ok here :ufucktard: i do heavy collision repair ( fix cars that have their rear bumpers in the drivers seat) i take off/ put on doors every fucking day i have yet to come across a door that weighs 150 lbs period. even a 7 series bmw with all the electronics, trim, windows and all that misc. bullshit does not weigh 150 lbs. so pulling a fucking metal tube (assuming its a coupe) is not gointg to drop you 75 lbs a door.

Right. I believe you. I guess all doors weight what 20 lbs?

bullshit.

The interior panel on my car alone weighs about 20 lbs. not to mention all the cross braces, the hinges, door opening/lock mechanisms, oh and you can't forget the glass. That weighs what? 3 lbs?

Do you do repairs in space? :p

Since you're the expert, tell me exactly how a hollow 20 lb tube can withstand the impact of a midsized car moving at 50 mph.

do you think your fucking frame rails are solid steel to? if i got the time ill cut a door apart and snap a pic. id say you average honda door with electronics,glass etc weighs like 50 lbs.

Back