Still breathing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drbelanger73

Beer is good for you.
Its been so long since I posted I can't even remember when that was...

Anyway I'm still alive. Daughter is now almost two and I found out there is another on the way a couple weeks ago. It has been snowing and snowing out here all year. Its almost as if when you can see the ground its time to grab the shovel...

I'm still forcing that old Integra along. I got screwed at the end of last summer when I replaced the hatch. The old one was obviously bondo'd (badly) and was showing cracks and was rusted under the bondo I had chipped off. I got a pair a of doors and a hatch for a $100 dollars so I decided to replace the hatch and strip the doors for knick knacks.

I painted the jam under the hatch did the swap and was feverishly finishing the surface so I could shoot the rest of the car. I decided to go down to metal on the hatch to make a good seal for my spoiler and discovered a sea of bondo underneath. At least there was no rust. Long story short I burned the rest of my fall re-surfacing the god damned hatch and it got too cold even for my fast reducer (63f).

Once it gets warm enough I'm gonna shoot the panels and then the rest of the car. Haven't decided if im gonna remove the doors/fenders/hood/bumper covers and shoot them seperately or if im gonna bolt the bitch together and shoot it all in one go. I've got all the mixing/measuring cups I need so I'm not worried about mismatching the paint. I'm going for a mixed pearl, Platinum/Black to produce a Gunmetal. Have to work out the final mix on some test panels to see what shade I like best.

Some things I just couldn't fix. It had been hit before and the back of the car is a little warped. I've been recreating the lines with some fiberglass (major pain in the ass). The hatch went on ok, it just needed a little calibrating with a 5lb sledge...

I would like to rip the engine out and throw it on a stand so I can get at the engine bay while I am at it. Need to find a place to rent a hoist and buy an engine stand though.

Tax return can't come soon enough.

How ya'll been?

ty

Weee, somebody remembers me...

Last set of pics I posted were these https://hondaswap.com/body-exterior-interior-cosmetics/interior-picture-thread-122381/4.html frame #87. These are newer than the ones I put in my blog and date to the begining of the summer. It was funny to look at them, I had forgotten what my neighborhood looked like without snow. I'll dig out the latest pics when I get home. I'm duty tech tonite and stuck at work...

Maybe I'll add a pic of junior as well...

Need to update blog too...

Back