stock b18 map sensor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93EGBubble

i know stock map sensor can read 10lbs of boost, can it read 10.29(.7 bar wastegate spring)?

stock map sensors get finnicky around 10-11psi. i'd recommend upgrading if you're going to be up there. it's not good for the car to fall off the map. it makes the car extremely difficult to tune, and can be harmful to your engine.

this is true, i finally figured out that my "boost creep" that everything thought was my manifold design was actually my boost controller being set at 10psi and the car being picky, so i dropped it down to about 8-9psi and i ordered a omnipower 3bar map that i'll be installing during my tuning session and increasing the boost back to 10psi.

careful with the omnipower map sensors. it was difficult for my tuner to get the parameters set right in CROME. we had the paramaters from the site, but for some reason i dont think they were correct

just an fyi

dont boost on stock map for many reasons one being its not ment for forced induction.
you may as well go get a motorola 2.5 bar sensor for 30$ from xenocron mount it behind your firewall its about the size of a quarter ( money ).. leave stock sensor to plug the hole thats all its good for.

Back