Stock P28 on H22A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

misterpsycho

I've got a '92 Civic hatch with a JDM H22A

i was running a chipped P28 but somehow fried that ECU.... i just picked up a stock P28

my question is.... is it safe to run a stock P28 on the H22A? will i be running it too lean now?

thanks!

a stock p28 will run the h22 fine... but i wouldn't take it over 4k. use it to putt around town with.

the fuel maps are off, but more so, the igntion maps are koooky.

check this out..

chet_dyno4.jpg

this is an p61 vs a chipped p28 vs a p30. on a b16 engine

bah, just read it here...
https://hondaswap.com/~pills/chet_ecu.html

You guys know what you are talking about. I have an EK w/ an H22A with the P13 ECU and the check engine light won't turn off. I figured it was because of the OBD2 to OBD1 conversion, but in actuality it was not. I have tried to get an OBD 1 P72 ECU, but they are just to damn expensive or hard to come by. I have a P30 but I am afraid that there may be some problems. Does anyone know if it will work to my advantage because I am tired of seeing the light and am certain that because of it, my car is not running to it's full potential. On the dyno it made 177hp and 150tq to the wheels with just about every bolt on possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

have you pulled the code?

its a simple process... figure out what the code is, whats wrong, and then you can actually fix it.

the p13 is the best ecu for the h22, end of story- unless you are moving to a hondata system

Straight up I forgot exactly which code it is throwing but I definetely will find out. About two years ago I was really interested in Hondata and thought about having it installed but they told me that the P13 Ecu would not work correctly. They told me to use either a P28 or a P72, and the not only would the problem be solved but I would gain a hell of a lot more power. And to tell you the truth that makes sense because I have an intake, header, and exhaust, FPRegulator, and VTEC controller and still can't manage more than 180 at the wheels.

I have a H22 hatch and I was running a P13 and I couldnt get faster than a 14.2@98 I switched to a P72 and the car pulls soooo much harder than it did before. I haven't made it to the track with the new ecu but I know it will be faster. Well if I can catch traction :D

You are a lucky man. I am just to cheap and have to many other car projects other wise I would spend the $175 plus dollars on the ECU. Half of my friends tell me that they have the hookup for dirt cheap, but every time I go to see what's up with the ECU's they always have some knock off program that I'm not down with. If anyone has an extra P72 laying around I have got tons of desirable parts that I have no problem getting rid of. EF, EG, EK , DC all of it.

p13's don't take to chipping well at all, and thats why hondata doesn't even give an application for it.
runnign a p72 will give the same result with all the features the h22 ecu has anyway, so why bother with the p13 anyway?

well, the P28 is in and it seems ok.... it doesn't have the same pull as when i had the chipped P28 but it's working out ok

i don't think i'm gonna bother chipping it because i've got a VAFC2 sitting in my backseat waiting to be installed.... i figure i can just richen out the fuel that way

or would i still have to chip it with the VAFC??

Back