strange electrical problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

krongnome24

I have a b18 in an ef and the strange problem started right after i turned it over a few times, and now whenever i hook the battery up the temp guage is pegged and my instrument panel is very dimly lit... when the key isnt in the ignition at all.

Once i put my key in and turn it to accessory or to go to turn it over the instrument panel is lit and the temp guage slowly goes back down but none of my blinkers or hazard lights work and it wont even turn over.

might my ecu be fried since after this started happening it wont blink when i click it over to accessory but im not sure yet.

Last thing; its not just my car thats doing this my brother just put a d15 back into his crx because he wants to sell it but its doing the exact same thing mine is.

any help right would be grateful, its too late right now to start working on it. Tommorrow i will do a bit of troubleshooting and see what i find unless someone knows the problem.... cmon brainstorm people

I had the same problem..... and the problem is your ground. Just check your ground to your transmission the ground from battery to chassis and the ground from valve cover to chassis and it should fix your problems. Make sure they are well connected.

Back