Street Tuner Challenage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

This show looks very very promising. Its on Speed TV on Weds and I just caught an episode of it. Basically, XS with a 93 GTR battles it out with a new Jetta built by ABD Racing and a Cobalt SS tuned by GM.

The show focuses on looks and TIME ATTACK!! Wow, finally a show that displays performance instead of just pimp my ride. They sneak in a few segments about drifting. yeah yeah, its old but still pretty cool. Also the builds are some what insightful.

I say the Skyline will dominate the time attack, but the Cobalt might take the show because it'll probably the most riced out. I think Tarzan Yamada is driving for XS and he's been a proven driver in both D1 and driving a Viper in the JGTC.

http://www.streettunerchallenge.tv/main.html

I watched it a few times. If you can get past the absolutely horrible commentary, the show isn't that bad. I do, however, think that a built R32 GTR caged, stich-welded, and gusseted is going to RAPE the other two.

Today, were fitting custom intercooler piping, and twin t3/4 turbos on the RB. On the Jetta, well be putting on some new tail-lights....

Right.

They need a new commentator.

I never seen the show plus I don't have Speed TV :( but assuming the Jetta will be using the R32 power plant, it'll give the Skyline a run for it's money

Tonight, the skyline got headwork and bored/honed by Cosworth.

The jetta got 19's and Brembos.

And the cobalt got billet motor mounts.

:blink:

Wow. I mean, wow.

And I just noticed whoever started this thread misspelled 'Challenge'

they should have just left all the cars alone, cut costs and said "fuck this noise, skyline wins." and then shipped me the skyline and been done with it.

That said, the words "GM", "Performance", and "Cobalt" should never be placed in the same sentence unless you also include the word "abysmal".

The Jetta team should just pack it in now and avoid making even bigger assholes of themselves.

Honestly, with the amount of money these people have to work with, how could anyone expect anything but the Skyline to win? The Cobalt MIGHT have a chance, if it weren't a GM product, and whoever decided to start with a 2.0 automatic Jetta should have their balls placed on an anvil and crushed with a large hammer.

this is quite possibly the stupidest comp. i've ever seen. and i haven't even watched it.

its like taking a mini van, a sport ute, and a supra.

this is out right retarded.

thank you....

but i do admit i watch the part about the skyline all the time........i cant help it

ill watch the final episode where they test them, so all the stupid fucks that worked on the jetta and cobalt can be laughed at by the skyline team becasue they've just been beaten worse than tina turner.

OOps on the spelling.

Im surprised it is an auto Jetta. Haha. However, ABD Racing is quiet known in the VW community. But I can't stop wondering why HPA Racing didn't do it. They have some bad ass Golfs and R32s making 500+whp. They should've gotten an S4 or M3 for the "European" side and a Corvette for the American side of the same vintages of course with HPA and Lingenfelter tuning the cars.

Oh well, its still sexy seeing the process of the GT-R being built.

thread from the dead..

anyway just caught another glimpse of the show:

hp@wheels:

ABD Jetta = 191hp with nitrous

GM Cobalt = 240ish with cranked boost from S/C

XS R32 GTR = 800hp!!!!! monsterous HKS twin chargers

BAHAHAHA

Quoted post[/post]]
ill watch the final episode where they test them, so all the stupid fucks that worked on the jetta and cobalt can be laughed at by the skyline team becasue they've just been beaten worse than tina turner.

:werd:

I hope it gets recorded/posted on the internet :).

What a waste of a show. How is it a challenge when the cars are not even in the same class? -> this show = waste of life.

Quoted post[/post]]
OOps on the spelling.

Im surprised it is an auto Jetta. Haha. However, ABD Racing is quiet known in the VW community. But I can't stop wondering why HPA Racing didn't do it. They have some bad ass Golfs and R32s making 500+whp. They should've gotten an S4 or M3 for the "European" side and a Corvette for the American side of the same vintages of course with HPA and Lingenfelter tuning the cars.

Oh well, its still sexy seeing the process of the GT-R being built.

hehe a Lingenfelter corvette.....There is absolutely no car in the world that could compare with that while maintaining superior street manners..t...woulnd't even be a show....

Lig_Vette.jpeg

^ I think the Hennessey Venom 1000 Twin Turbo Viper would disagree with that ^

Back