Stripped out hatch project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanx 4 the link. Its a big help. I think I will pass on the dash swap 4 now. I just got through the whole process of putting all the civic ex stuff in and it was a lot of work. I had seen a friend of mine do this a few years back but I didnt realize how much extra mods were needed to get everything to work correctly. His car had no interior and no climate boxes.
I would like to have a full interior and working a/c .. I have the a/c stuff out of the integra and am gonna take a look at it later to see if the condensor fits, but I am doubting it will. Tonight I will hopefully get the engine bay cleaned up and ready for some paint.

Got the engine bay cleaned up. Almost ready for some paint, probably just flat black. The beat up radiator core support is cut out . When I get some fenders I will be able to see how the new panel lines up before welding it on.

Attachments

• 100_1200.jpg
    100_1200.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 237
  • 100_1201.jpg
    100_1201.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 176
what he hasnt told yall is the jackashe who had it before him cut all the rear seat brackets out, cut the inner front door out regulator and all, and that he also has more hondas than the posts on this page lol. the car gave up some good parts some he cant use some he has already. honda nation forever death to integra

The engine bay looks good for a cheap flat black rattle can job. Went ahead and welded up the holes in the rear quarters that were probably from an old body kit or something.

Also picked up a pair of fenders today. I should have looked at them a little closer before gettin them but it was dark and I was in a hurry. A little bondo and they will be good 2 go.

Attachments

• 100_1205.jpg
    100_1205.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 202
The new radiator core support is off the coupe parts car i picked up .
I called the guy and he said he had been parting it out and it was time for it to go.
I was only worried about the windshield being good so i could use it for the hatch and when i got there to pick it up I noticed it didnt have any wheels. We jacked up the back end high enough to get the trailer underneath and then dragged it the rest of the way on with an oversized belt type come along. The driver door was gone but the pass. side is in better shape than mine so I swappped the guts out of the doors and put it on the hatch. Right now Im trying to trade the coupe to a friend so he can make a drag project. If he gets me a windshield I told him he could have the car. That way i dont have to risk breaking the glass trying to swap it over. Hopefully hell come up with some $ for the glass and i can get rid of the coupe. It would have been nice to have the parts car before I went to the junk yard and bought the climate box stuff and other small items but i guess it all works out in the end.

rain sucks... i dont know if i like the flat in the engine bay ... being the king of black pearl.lol. i think we should do gloss would maker a nicer ricer haha i see that u pulled all the barke stuff anyway made for a much nicer finish

Progress is slow, so not much to show. Havent given up, just been working on getting rid of the donor DC. We loaded it up with as much junk as we could find, and off to the car lot in the sky.

Attachments

• 100_1265.jpg
    100_1265.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_1266.jpg
    100_1266.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 236
And the next victim is..... parts car # 2. Salvaged everything possible to sell for $$ to fund the hatch project. There wasnt much left when I got it , but I was able to use a few things here n there.

For u custom guys...........Take a look at the Dc door on the Eg coupe, fully custom baby.

Attachments

• 100_1293.jpg
    100_1293.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    718.1 KB · Views: 207
Back