strut buster! (picture)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

azazelllo

Hey, guys. I have a pretty low B16A CRX, sitting on stiff Eibachs.
Here is what happens when you drive around Jersey City ;-)

http://physics.ramapo.edu/~alex/oldie/crx_strut.jpg

For now, i just put it back in and tightened. I guess I need to
replace the whole rubber piece? Whats the best option here?
Aftermarket or OEM? Whats the exact part name/number? (strut bearing,
mount?) Do i need to realign wheels? Need your advice! Thanks a lot!

Do you guys recommend using Energy Suspention bushings? Or am I better off with OEM rubber?

OK, after digging online here is what needed for 1990 CRX Si:

16.7102 Front Strut Rod Bushings - Honda Civic, CRX
Source: Energy Suspension 16.7102 Front Strut Rod Bushings - Honda Civic, CRX

But given the fact that i have B16A SiR motor, dont I need the one for Integra 1990 - 1993?
16.7104 Front Strut Rod Bushings Acura Integra 90-93
Source: Energy Suspension 16.7104 Front Strut Rod Bushings Acura Integra 90-93

The energy suspension bushings are more likely to transfer vibration than the stockers. if it were my car id take the OEM ones unless there was a substantial price difference.

well it depends. its his 8th post...you dont know whats done to the CRX. if its a daily driver that sees no track usage...energy suspension bushings are worthless...especially if they are more expensive. OEM bushings have a ton of RnD put into them where as energy makes bushings for every car...and some (like the 94+ integra bushings) wear out a lot faster than their OEM brothers. After market doesnt mean good. Look at APC.

Did it strip out the stud or not. I have the part you need make me an offer on it.

I would fix your honda as cheeeeeply as possible. Since you live in Jersey City, it will probably be stolen right after its fixed.

pace setter, 5zigen, xs power, ssautocrome...i mean really its a long ass list of things that suck.

i swear to god, if i have another kid that tells me what i mean, im gonna have to either hurt them or ban them. *gets out ban stick*

my above post was not a dog on Energy Suspension. It was criticism towards those that think after market means better. If someone is searching the internet for ways to fix a broken car, they have a 50/50 chance of being an enthusiast. Had the above poster not planned autox time for his car, i would definitely advise against energy suspension. I had their bushings on the prelude, and it made the car jittery when compared to the stock bushings, but it also made it a tad more responsive.

That being the case, if my prelude was more for comfort than performance...then energy suspension bushings would have been a bad buy.

And i cant believe a just felt the need to explain myself.

Back