stupid colorado emissions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You have to be able to fit a pop can under the front bumper. I had to raise my coilovers to get my emissions done.

This is ALL BULLSHIT!!!!!! :bs:

Ok. Here goes....

If you take your car to the right place(where teenagers who don't care work) you can get your emissions done, lickity split. I went to get my emissions done on my CRX that is lowered 1 1/4" on SPRINGS with 16's and a body kit. NO POPCAN CAN FIT UNDER MY FRONT BUMPER. No what I was told by the dumb emissions lady is that they couldn't test my car due to my low profile tires and how low my car sat. They said that my car would drop to low on the rollers, and that the wheel stabilizers would scratch my wheels.

I left and went to a different station, and the kid there said that his SLAMMED Eclipse clears heighthwise just fine, but that my wheels might get scratched by the rollers. So I went to my friends house and borrowed two 15's that he didn't care about and got my emissions done. It was quite the hassle, but you just need to find the right people to do it. And be prepared.

My car cleared the drop onto the rollers with the 15's with room to spare.

Quoted post[/post]]
This is ALL BULLSHIT!!!!!! :bs:

Ok. Here goes....

If you take your car to the right place(where teenagers who don't care work) you can get your emissions done, lickity split. I went to get my emissions done on my CRX that is lowered 1 1/4" on SPRINGS with 16's and a body kit. NO POPCAN CAN FIT UNDER MY FRONT BUMPER. No what I was told by the dumb emissions lady is that they couldn't test my car due to my low profile tires and how low my car sat. They said that my car would drop to low on the rollers, and that the wheel stabilizers would scratch my wheels.

I left and went to a different station, and the kid there said that his SLAMMED Eclipse clears heighthwise just fine, but that my wheels might get scratched by the rollers. So I went to my friends house and borrowed two 15's that he didn't care about and got my emissions done. It was quite the hassle, but you just need to find the right people to do it. And be prepared.

My car cleared the drop onto the rollers with the 15's with room to spare.
damn what station did you go to?

well the new owner called me and he didnt want to give me the money untill I had the emissions done, he was afraid that it wouldnt pass cause of the motor swap. so today I adjusted the coil overs back up and went back to Longmonts station, (which sucks ass), had the same old ass cracker from yesterday look at my car and he said the height was fine. so they pulled it in and there was kids running the test. and when they p[opped open my hood to look for the O2 sensor they were talking to me about the motor. then this bitch comes up and starts looking at it, and they couldnt find it :laugh: so I asked the kid what he was looking for and I showed him where it was and the bitch tells me "you need to wait in the waiting building" I was damn bitch this is my car and I know it like the back of my hand and I was only trying to help. so they ran the test and when they went to do the gas cap test, i went out and was watching and another bitch was "you either need to wait outside or back inside we are not done with the test." I was damn all your doing is the gas cap and its done. but whatever

my crx passed and heres the numbers

HC - 1.5767 limits are 3.00
CO - 9.2426 limits are 20.00
CO2 - 183.4096
NOx - 2.0887 limits are 6.00

so not bad I am happy, the guy is coming up tomight with the money and I am getting a 95 4 door integra LS for 1500. I sold the crx for 4000 without the turbo and dvd player, and now I will have extra cash to boost the integra. :thumbsup:

and whats funny is when they put the car on the rollers it would have cleared with it being the height i had it yesterday

Told you it would clear no problem!

I went to the Emissions Station in Broomfield off of like 120th and Main. Anyways, that's sweet that it passed and that you are getting a sweet deal on the Teg. Lower it with 16's, full lip kit, NO SPOILER and boost it! :thumbsup:

And sell me your In-Dash... :ph34r:

Lowered cars won't have any clearance issues, unless it's slammed to shit. Depending on where you go, people will either let you in, or tell you that your car is too high. Then, when you raise it back, or put new wheels on, you find out that you would have been ok in the first place. But we know that, they don't (or they just don't care enough to LOOK), and they have protocol. I had no problem with the people when I got mine in the Civic. I was out there talking to like 4 guys the entire time, and they never once told me to go into the observation room. When they were doing my gas cap, I was right there talking to the lady, looking at the numbers on the screen.

Quoted post[/post]]
Told you it would clear no problem!

I went to the Emissions Station in Broomfield off of like 120th and Main. Anyways, that's sweet that it passed and that you are getting a sweet deal on the Teg. Lower it with 16's, full lip kit, NO SPOILER and boost it! :thumbsup:

And sell me your In-Dash... :ph34r:
:laugh: i might sell it I hit you up first if I do, I need to find rims for the teg, and springs and basicly start over but its cool I have always like the 4 dr teg's and I am getting a good deal on it. I am thinking i might do ls/vetc, not sure on that yet.

I heard the place in broomfield is one of the best places to go.

Quoted post[/post]]
Lowered cars won't have any clearance issues, unless it's slammed to shit. Depending on where you go, people will either let you in, or tell you that your car is too high. Then, when you raise it back, or put new wheels on, you find out that you would have been ok in the first place. But we know that, they don't (or they just don't care enough to LOOK), and they have protocol. I had no problem with the people when I got mine in the Civic. I was out there talking to like 4 guys the entire time, and they never once told me to go into the observation room. When they were doing my gas cap, I was right there talking to the lady, looking at the numbers on the screen.
yea its some of the workers at Longmont, the guys I was talking to were cool but the two Girls were BITCHES, but its done and has passed

:werd: I just go to the one here in Thornton on 112th and Irma. They're pretty cool. Glad your shit passed though.

its too bad you're getting rid of the crx...you found a hell of a deal on that integra though. let me know if you need some help anytime.

Quoted post[/post]]
its too bad you're getting rid of the crx...you found a hell of a deal on that integra though. let me know if you need some help anytime.
hell yea I could use your help. the crx is now gone he picked it up at 530.

Quoted post[/post]]
buy chewi's springs...here's the link.
they should fit.

W00T!
thanks Todd :thumbsup: I just sent him a message. do you still have integra parts?

Quoted post[/post]]
Can I get a w00t! for Colorado togetherness!!

W00T!!
WOOT. we will all have to get together sometime

Quoted post[/post]]
yea its some of the workers at Longmont, the guys I was talking to were cool but the two Girls were BITCHES, but its done and has passed

Wow. I'm glad you passed. I was talking to my smog tech as he was running the test, sitting in my car while it was going. The owner of the shop was there and everything. We just chatted for a while. I even told him how modified my car was, he was totally cool. It didn't pass the idle test, but everything else was fine. He just told me to do a little more tuning at idle, and it should pass. lol. I hate dealing with jerks.

most of the integra is gone...just stock stuff left...actually I've got a dc ceramic header pulled off my b16. if you're gonna turbo you probably wont need that though.

Quoted post[/post]]
most of the integra is gone...just stock stuff left...actually I've got a dc ceramic header pulled off my b16. if you're gonna turbo you probably wont need that though.
how much you want for it. I might do the turbo and might not. still not to sure on that. i'll pm you my cell number.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Wow. I'm glad you passed. I was talking to my smog tech as he was running the test, sitting in my car while it was going. The owner of the shop was there and everything. We just chatted for a while. I even told him how modified my car was, he was totally cool. It didn't pass the idle test, but everything else was fine. He just told me to do a little more tuning at idle, and it should pass. lol. I hate dealing with jerks.
Thanks. I am glad I passed to . I wasnt to worried about it passing, but you never know with motor swaps. but I dont live in cali either, so good luck with your emissions

Back