stupid customer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a lot of people have no interest in how cars work or how to maintain them
and most of them dont care

a lot of people have no interest in how to build or modify or even work a computer
a lot of people have no idea how to run household electrical
a lot of people cant frame a house
a lot of people cant do Sheetrock and taping to save their ass
a lot of people pay other people to cut their hair
a lot of people have to pay someone to do their tailoring for them

just because its something you are interested in and knowledgeable about, doesnt mean its everyone's thing... and unless you never need another person to perform a task or service for you, you really have no ground to stand on when bagging on a person who doesnt want to do his own oil changes

all that is true, but most of america drives a car or has some contact with one. So people should know how to preform general matience.

don't you think that paying someone 10 bucks every two weeks to check oil and coolant is a little ridiculous?

all that is true, but most of america drives a car or has some contact with one. So people should know how to preform general matience.

you are currently using a computer... most of America uses them pretty regularly
you and almost everyone in this country (other than the Amish) use electricity every day of their lives
most people live in a house (or building of some sort) that needed to be built
those homes likely have a Sheetrock interior
most people have hair that must be maintained
many people at some point need to wear something (tux, suit, dress, etc) that must be custom fit to them, and almost all people need to wear clothing that fits them (at some point a tailor was involved in everything you wear)

these are all things that people come in contact with pretty much every day

don't you think that paying someone 10 bucks every two weeks to check oil and coolant is a little ridiculous?

no more ridiculous than paying someone 15+ bucks every few weeks to cut your hair

okay, i wouldnt rag on someone who didnt know how to build a house but i would rag on someone who paid me 5 dollars a week to come grease their front door because it creaks. thats what im getting at. i don't know how to completely assemble a car but i know how to do regular maintainence on it

it's completely different being able to cut your own hair. you can't even argue with that cuase it's got nothing to do with it

you are currently using a computer... most of America uses them pretty regularly
you and almost everyone in this country (other than the Amish) use electricity every day of their lives
most people have hair that must be maintained
many people at some point need to wear something (tux, suit, dress, etc) that must be custom fit to them, and almost all people need to wear clothing that fits them (at some point a tailor was involved in everything you wear)

these are all things that people come in contact with pretty much every day

this is also true, which is why i get mad at my family, girlfriend, & friends when they have trouble with their computers, cars, & what ever else seems simple to me. But i dont want to argue with you, some things come easy to diffrent people, left brain right brain ect

i'm not saying that people should do everything themselves, that would be ridiculous and contradicting of me. i'm just saying that people shouldn't go to a honda shop to get their new license plate screwed on

"It's a 87 Benz so all I have to do is drain the oil, put the drain plug back, drop it back on the ground, replace the cartridge oil filter in the engine bay, add oil" yep, thats definitly how you change oil in all cars. your neighbor deserves lots of pain
This is the part I wanted you to focus on... Have you seen the cartridge type filters? it's like changing out a coffee filter lol. It's even EASIER to change than a screw on type and he still can't do it... it's sad really.

I've showed him how to check fluid levels and change his own oil so I wouldn't feel like I was ripping him off but he insisted that the peace of mind it gives him that the work is actually getting done is worth it to him and he doesn't trust his self to do it properly.

i only get a hair cut like every 3-4 months.. haha.. gets all shaggy and shit, then i chop it off and let it grow again

i'm assuming UPS makes you stay clean cut

okay, i wouldnt rag on someone who didnt know how to build a house but i would rag on someone who paid me 5 dollars a week to come grease their front door because it creaks. thats what im getting at. i don't know how to completely assemble a car but i know how to do regular maintainence on it

again... some people are not all that mechanically inclined... some people are easily intimidated by things they dont understand... thats basically what im getting at here

it's completely different being able to cut your own hair. you can't even argue with that cuase it's got nothing to do with it

i have only paid for someone else to cut my hair about 4 times in the past 13 or so years... and i only started shaving my head 4 years ago... so thats 9 years worth of hair cuts that i did myself... and i generally kept my hair pretty short... so it would get cut every 2 - 4 weeks

this is also true, which is why i get mad at my family, girlfriend, & friends when they have trouble with their computers, cars, & what ever else seems simple to me. But i dont want to argue with you, some things come easy to diffrent people, left brain right brain ect

:werd: thats my whole point

i'm not saying that people should do everything themselves, that would be ridiculous and contradicting of me. i'm just saying that people shouldn't go to a honda shop to get their new license plate screwed on

yeah thats pretty ridiculous... unless they have some serious arthritis or carpal tunnel or something

people at an emissions station were trying to tell get me to take them drifting in my crx cause the saw Fast&Furious3!!!!!

Goes to show it works both ways at times.

:Di cut my own hair
i do all the stuff i think im capable of doing..

All mine is falling out...The rest I can cover with a hat...I figure I will just let nature run it's course...

Back