Stupid Noobie Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Jan 3 2004, 02:02 AM
yea they have em in the us. hmotoronline is in cali. they charge probably 200 shipping depending on where your at . you should be pushing 200hp at 9psi

Whats the link to that site? What do you figure the car weighs? It has no interior, just 2 front seat and no ac. Will 200 hp in that car be pretty quick? -crombie09

Originally posted by crombie09+Jan 3 2004, 02:16 AM-->
theB16tegguy
@Jan 3 2004, 02:02 AM
yea they have em in the us. hmotoronline is in cali. they charge probably 200 shipping depending on where your at . you should be pushing 200hp at 9psi

Whats the link to that site? What do you figure the car weighs? It has no interior, just 2 front seat and no ac. Will 200 hp in that car be pretty quick? -crombie09

My Webpage

it weighs like 2000 with everything so 1800 at an extreme. And will 200hp be quick...... hell yea!! you'll probably be lookin at high 13's in the 1/4 with good driving. and good tires

Hmmm, is that all? Damn my Z28 is a lot faster than that. Is there anyway to get more power? Would I need to put sleeves in the cylinder walls and use forged parts to get more power through more boost? Should I start with a bigger/better engine? Should I sell the car? I don't want to put a lot of money into a car that isn't any faster than most cars are stock. -crombie09

your Z28 runs better than 13's???? I thought the SS's only ran that fast? Anyway, yea if you want to run faster than that you can get a fuel management system such as APEXi or Greddy or Hondata, and run high boost(12-15psi) Get the car tuned and you'll be faster, especcially in the top end area. If you want to go faster tell me. What time are you looking at?

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Jan 6 2004, 08:41 AM
your Z28 runs better than 13's???? I thought the SS's only ran that fast? Anyway, yea if you want to run faster than that you can get a fuel management system such as APEXi or Greddy or Hondata, and run high boost(12-15psi) Get the car tuned and you'll be faster, especcially in the top end area. If you want to go faster tell me. What time are you looking at?

I would like the car to be able to go at least a low 13. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right. -crombie09

good way to look at it is if you want low 13s bettween the two motors

weaker motor ie zc = more complex turbo setup via better management runing more boost

stronger motor ie B16 or B18 b or c = more simplafied turbo setup via FMU runnin less boost

between the two you could work about the same hp 6 psi on the b16 or 12 on the zc, my choice just because the b16 it an overall better motor then the zc would be the b16 at 6psi, though it would cost a nice little bit more and with the more complex setup on the b16 you could really be looking at some great numbers though if you want anything lower then a good 13 you better start thinking slicks.

if i were you i would do a b18a/b swap and run like 5-7 psi that should get you where you wanna be

Well what all would it take to put a b16 in my car? What kind of power does a b16 have and how much would the swap be? -crombie

Originally posted by crombie09@Jan 7 2004, 12:32 AM
Well what all would it take to put a b16 in my car? What kind of power does a b16 have and how much would the swap be? -crombie

B18B1
Displacement (cc): 1834
Power (bhp@rpm): 142@6300
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 127@5200
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Bore (mm): 81
Stroke (mm): 89
Cam Design: dohc
VTEC?: no
OBD: 1
Year(s) Produced: 1994-1995
In the following car(s): Acura Integra GS/LS/RS/SE

B16A
Displacement (cc): 1595
Power (bhp@rpm): 158@7600
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 112@7000
Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
Bore (mm): 81
Stroke (mm): 77.4
Cam Design: dohc
VTEC?: yes
OBD: 0
Year(s) Produced: 1990-1993
In the following car(s): Acura Integra XSi/RSi (JDM)

PM or Email me for specifics on exactly how to do these swaps. E-mail=mechmeck@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Iron 1@Jan 3 2004, 02:15 AM
look into a panda motor. you basicaly put in pistons and rods (around $500) and it'll hold pretty good boost. good for about 300 horsepower. I think that it's such a cool idea, I'm planning on doing it on a friends car.

:werd: :thumbsup:

Back