Sufikation's 92 HB Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you find a cage builder get his op but from what i see thats not the best idea.......he might be able to fix it to were there is no need for the front braces

I would leave the cage as-is and build around it. What the hell was that car built for? I've never seen a cage quite like that one.

Remove the rest of the dash. h22, big gnarly turbo, IC, and some drag slicks and drag that bitch.

What the hell was that car built for?
The previous owner, before my friend owned the shell used it as a drag car. I have heard he had a h22 turbo in it, but im not for sure. I know he re-welded the d-series mount back in and went to a turbo d set up after that. As far as the dash goes i have been playing with the idea of just fixing the sides to hide the holes.

that is a road race/rally cage of some sort you will not get that thing to pass nhra cert in its current condition also nhra requires much larger tube than most road/rally events

that is a road race/rally cage of some sort you will not get that thing to pass nhra cert in its current condition also nhra requires much larger tube than most road/rally events
Its already been used for drag racing so i know it will pass.

aluminum dash.. done
That would be cool, i have been researching them a bit...im on the fence still though.

just do what i am doing. aluminum sheet metal dash. i just hope you are good with an english wheel and a sheet metal brake. that cage is pretty nuts and i agree with everyone else. if you cut out the front supports, it will lose integrity.

i just hope you are good with an english wheel and a sheet metal brake.
Im not, ive never even touched one. Im getting plenty of good ideas and only time and research will tell what im going to do for sure. Like i said before, im in no hurry and plan on taking my time. As far as cutting the cage if i do cut it it will be the whole thing that comes out, the car is clean enough it would pass for a non-track car if i go that route. Who knows...

So i ran into my first major problem tonight. The car came with stock seats from a 96-00 civic, i went to cram my 6'5" frame pass the cage and into the seat and after finally sitting my ass in there i found out that i have no head room. I was told that the ek seats sit higher than the eg seats so tomorrow im going to try those out. If not im thinking i can build some custom brackets to lower the seats and gain an inch a two of head room. I guess its just something else to trouble shoot. As far as leg room goes i could use more but ill make due with what i got.

you could always sit like jeremy clarkson and just hunch over the steering wheal no matter what you drive
After dinner im going out to the garage to play around with some seats and see what i come up with...maybe just have the cage modified later on.

Well after swapping the eg seats into the car i have plenty of head room and even a little more leg room, looks like i wont have to modify the cage at all. Tomorrow im going to shoot for putting the carpet in and getting the interior put back together.

Back