suggest some creative ways to under 6 sec 0-60

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lock yourself away in a room for 3 years of your life. Come up with some type of new idea or mathematical algorithm for data compression and encryption. Prototype the chip and sell it to a cell phone company or the government.

Buy anything you want!

doesnt work. lol, typically when you come up with something amazing, its more or less taken from you. tada! welcome to this wonderful world of "free market" and no such thing as "intellectual property" and even when things are patented, all it takes is someone with deeper pockets to beat you out even if they never had anything to do with it.

like me registering the domain name www.microsoft.com ....i do that, i own the domain. Microsoft gets pissed cause they want it, we goto court, who wins? the guy that did it first? or the multi-billion dollar company? tada!

but if you can get something to work first. show them it works and don't tell them how you did it until they give you money, you've got em. if you try hard enough, it works. just gotta keep them interested long enough to get it done without telling them what exactly it is you're doing.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Sep 27 2004, 06:07 PM
Early 90's Metro- free.
'98+ Metro four cylinder engine, mounts, ECU, wiring harness- $500
Turbo system- $700.

Results:
200 WHP, 1500 lbs, $100 a second for your time slip.
[post=395441]Quoted post[/post]​

could you use a 94 metro???

Originally posted by Iron 1+Oct 3 2004, 11:58 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@Sep 27 2004, 06:07 PM
Early 90's Metro- free.
'98+ Metro four cylinder engine, mounts, ECU, wiring harness- $500
Turbo system- $700.

Results:
200 WHP, 1500 lbs, $100 a second for your time slip.
[post=395441]Quoted post[/post]​

could you use a 94 metro???
[post=397915]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you asking me personally if I could use one, as in, would I have use for one, or are you asking in general, if a '94 Metro could be used for said project?

yeah^^what he said^^^
say I found a four door, and all the guy wants is 300 and a case of beer. should I try it??

Originally posted by Iron 1@Oct 5 2004, 02:27 AM
yeah^^what he said^^^
say I found a four door, and all the guy wants is 300 and a case of beer. should I try it??
[post=398417]Quoted post[/post]​

Definetly. Get your ass back on AIM and we can discuss swap options... Yes, there are bolt in motor swaps for the fo' do'.

93-96 mirage coupe. $1300
91/92 talon tsi motor, 4g63t with 16g and FMIC $2200 ;
$2500 total cost (incl labor) for 215whp in a 2100lb car.

total cost of the project.... next to nothing for a high 13 second near-stock motored street machine.

too many options to list them all really.

any big block in an s-10 = ownage if you wanna go that route.

almost any big block / v8 car with a few mods can do it fairly cheap and easy

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Oct 9 2004, 09:51 PM
93-96 mirage coupe. $1300
91/92 talon tsi motor, 4g63t with 16g and FMIC $2200 ;
$2500 total cost (incl labor) for 215whp in a 2100lb car.

total cost of the project.... next to nothing for a high 13 second near-stock motored street machine.
[post=400698]Quoted post[/post]​

1300 +2200 = 3500 if I'm not mistaken?

Originally posted by micah@Oct 10 2004, 02:13 AM
too many options to list them all really.

any big block in an s-10 = ownage if you wanna go that route.

almost any big block / v8 car with a few mods can do it fairly cheap and easy
[post=400719]Quoted post[/post]​

one word....traction.

hmmm...havin evil ideas about metros....

traction?
lol

you think an s10 with a blown 350 and is gonna have more traction problems then a 200 whp boosted metro?

lol

1 word : slicks

1969 VW Supa-Beeter (ahem, Super Beetle) $500-$1000
*Now, I don't know how... or why... or if possible*
Lighten the living hell out of the body (try and get 'er down to 1850lbs if possible)
Abolish the back end of this little bugger
Insert a huge ass V8 in said abolished rear end (Hell, throw an 85 'stang 5.0 in there)
Do whatever it takes to get this thing running (how... don't ask me)

Est. Weight: 2250
Est. WHP/Trq: 300/275 [Hell if I know... I'm just throwing numbers around]

Now, this isn't based on insanity... this is based on I saw a freaking Bug with a 5.0 in the damn back... I was more frightened than a 18yo sexy Blonde chick at a Million Man March... (no racial thing intended... couldn't think of a larger amassing of males)

*Brought to you by WEEEEE! Ind.* :lolhammer:

How are you going to shift the transmission? You can't if its moutned behind the driver and its a FR tranny. You could use a FF auto engine, or an MR engine (like out of an MR2).

Back