Supercharged the FoDo Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler, did you retard the ignition with the distributor like Jackson Racing recommends? I can't remember but I think the instructions called for 8 total degrees for retard. If you did that you should definitely consider running a standalone. Then you can do .6 degrees per psi or whatever you wanna do. I'm running turboedit with my setup.

Youre car is coming along well... glad to see you got rid of the black pinstripe. Did you incur a horsepower drop with the loss of the stripe and addition of the supercharger?

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Sep 9 2005, 09:30 AM
Youre car is coming along well... glad to see you got rid of the black pinstripe. Did you incur a horsepower drop with the loss of the stripe and addition of the supercharger?
[post=551863]Quoted post[/post]​

Hahah :ph34r:

Seriously though, we all make the transformation from ricer to racer at our own pace.

I still have a spot for "indiglo gauges y0" in my heart.

Originally posted by allmotord16rex+Sep 9 2005, 08:21 AM-->
Prowler, did you retard the ignition with the distributor like Jackson Racing recommends? I can't remember but I think the instructions called for 8 total degrees for retard. If you did that you should definitely consider running a standalone. Then you can do .6 degrees per psi or whatever you wanna do. I'm running turboedit with my setup.
[post=551857]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm about 7 degrees back
Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Sep 9 2005, 08:30 AM

I miss the stripe now =(
Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 9 2005, 09:04 AM
YouKnowWhoIBee
@Sep 9 2005, 09:30 AM

Hahah :ph34r:

Seriously though, we all make the transformation from ricer to racer at our own pace.

I still have a spot for "indiglo gauges y0" in my heart.
[post=551876]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a full front bumper that's aftermarket. Call it rice, but I like it. My car doesn't look like a Civic to most people I talk to. And that's the point I was wanting

Your car is in the 5% of nice 4door civics.
Good job with it.
I hate 4doors, but i like yours.
Yay for you.

i vote to get a tune... it brought the death on my motor. i only had it set for what was sugested on my kit and bam bye bye motor and turbo kit

could be going faster with a custom turbo kit for teh same money :ph34r: goodluck with the jrsc, ive heard nothing but bad things.

I've had mine on for a year with zero problems whatsoever. The only bad story I ever heard was the guy on hondatech that had a leaking seal or whatever. Most people that I know with them haven't had any problems.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 10 2005, 06:02 PM
could be going faster with a custom turbo kit for teh same money :ph34r: goodluck with the jrsc, ive heard nothing but bad things.
[post=552465]Quoted post[/post]​

You can not buy a complete kit, that is safe to run with a daily driver, for less than I spent on my kit. And I will only buy kits, I don't do welding or pipe bending.

And I've heard nothing but good things with the JRSC kits from guys on d-series.org

dont think im tryig to start a war here. But why would you only buy kits? im just curious, i mean, you can easily run 13's for about 1500-1800 bucks on a custom kit that would be professionally tuned for daily driving.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 14 2005, 10:47 AM
dont think im tryig to start a war here. But why would you only buy kits? im just curious, i mean, you can easily run 13's for about 1500-1800 bucks on a custom kit that would be professionally tuned for daily driving.
[post=554323]Quoted post[/post]​

He's explained this in quite a few threads already. Reasons: lack of tuning people in the area, lack of time/money/availability for a dyno, no want to piece together a kit etc.

As for running 13s on a reliable turbo kit that's tuned properly for $1500-1800... especially on a D series- good luck. That's going to built with used parts and not have much dyno time at all. Seriously. You can go turbo that cheap, but it's going to take a lot of fabrication and time on your own, and tuning on your own too. Buying your own wideband would cost you at least $300 out of that budget, then you just move on from there.

Here's a little video. Nothing special, just a few pulls. Full interior, passenger, subs (100lb's +), etc.
One is just spinning like mad on the slick road. You can really hear the supercharger whine then.

I raced a modded Si tonight. We did a 2nd gear pull and I had him by nearly a car by the time I hit 60 (top of 2nd gear). It was pretty funny, he was revving and following me around traffic. When we finally had a clear area, we raced and I beat him. Next intersection he flies off. Must've been embarassed to be beat by a four door with a passenger.

Not bad for the first time I've "raced" the supercharged Civic since I've had it for two weeks.

http://media.putfile.com/civicsc

Turn the volume UP. My camcorder records really quiet for some reason.

Originally posted by erikespo@Sep 18 2005, 01:18 AM
Very nice.. Sounds awesome. how much did that end up costing you in the end?
[post=556154]Quoted post[/post]​

~2150 with the brand new kit and misc. hoses, fluids, etc.

Back