Supercharger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get the 4.0 6 banger and look at Kenne Bell, they have s/c's for the Jeeps, not sure if its just the grand cherokee or both grand and regular cherokee, but the cherokee version will be able to fit, with slight mods.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jul 1 2003, 02:26 PM
get the 4.0 6 banger and look at Kenne Bell, they have s/c's for the Jeeps, not sure if its just the grand cherokee or both grand and regular cherokee, but the cherokee version will be able to fit, with slight mods.

ahh so the cherokee version will fit with some mods huh? hmm that might work, i had checked out their site and was bummed they only offered s/c for cherokees. but thanks for the adivce

Ah Ha so you admitted to the superior bottom end. I dont think the turbo car will start to pickup noticably in the top end (to say pass the other car) if they have the same peak HP. The S/C also makes peak Hp at rev limit being that it is run by the crank pulley.

Another thing you cant run 11's without internal work so its not as if the turbo is the key but its the engine and how much boost it can handle. So the right supercharger on a capable motor can run 11's as well. How fast do you think the 200 mph, 600+ hp S/C civic will run in the 1/4?

Just because you dont see it everyday doesnt mean it cant be done or that you should discourage someone from attemting something new. Turbos are plenty and quite cheap compared to S/C's thats why they are so popular but they arent the only way to reach 11's.

:werd: to the bottom statement. It doesn't matter where your power is, if you have the gearing, anything can be fast.

Take the new 03 cobra. Supercharged, stock revs to around 6500 i think, but 6 is where it drops off. The gearing is geared to stay in that range, using all of its power, making it go 12's, stock. A honda, high reving motor, but if you boost it and your gearing is too fast (itr tranny) or too slow (ls tranny), you'll sacifice power and not be as fast.

For those who say s/c's are only for low end, yes, that was my belief, before i stopped taking everyone's word and went and read for my self. Vortech has different superchargers that range from 170 extra hp to supporting over 1800 hp. For some of those, high revs dont head soak it, if you get the right setup. Its just too high, everyone take the cheap route.

I usually tend to stay out of making comments but for whatever reason im determined to add my 2 cents. The last guy hit the mark dead on, gearing is a huge part of actually "tunning" as in not just trying to slap a huge amount of air that might burst the cylinder walls or drive a piston through the crank, look if you want to supercharge than by all means go to town, try vortech, or jackson racing, or hey how about looking at procharger with one of there setups you could still include an intercooler. Also keep in mind that the supercharger runs of a pully, so theoreticly as long as the pully and belt are free to turn you can mount it anywhere you want, also the size and rotational mass of the pully should be taken into account. Here's a thought in closing why not build the engine first and swap out the cams that will in and of itself make the engine more fun, throw in a port and polish and a h22/h23 can be a serious menace, and once properly built it will be able to hold up to the pressures of forced induction.

Originally posted by JDMSpecAccordSir-T@Jul 2 2003, 08:40 PM

Another thing you cant run 11's without internal work so its not as if the turbo is the key but its the engine and how much boost it can handle. So the right supercharger on a capable motor can run 11's as well. How fast do you think the 200 mph, 600+ hp S/C civic will run in the 1/4?

Umm..people have run 11's on stock internals

And im gonna guess that the civic with the vortech blower that ran 200 mph would run a 13-14 sec 1/4 mile...think of the final drive and gearing needed to hit 200 mph

who else besides that guy who had his car tuned by the best tuner in the country? no one that i have heard of. 1 guy doesn't account for the other 39058395054848964983 honda owners out there.

So no one really knows how much work or what kind of work would need to be done to get eh Jackson Racing supercharger for the 97 and up preludes fit on a 95 H22?

it probably will fit it, but hood clearence might be your problem.. just buy it and strap it on.. somethings you just have to make work. :) Also, the wiring might be obd2, but i'm not sure what wiring the JRSC has.

Yeh, i wasn't to worried about the wiring and hoses just trying to make sure that it will bolt on to the head and seal with no problems. Everything else i'm sure my friend and i can figure out. Thanks

yea, they are the same motors/heads, just different wiring.. like isaid.. it might of said that b/c of hood clearence or something like that.

Back