Suspension question/problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mufasa1987

Hey guys I have a 1998 integra ls and recently I hear a strange almost clunk sound if i pull out of an uneven driveway and the right tire goes first then the left..when the left comes down it makes a clunk...Or sometimes when im driving n make a sharper turn it clunks (just once) Almost sounds like something is broken. I have springs and im buying struts and front/rear camber kit to be installed. I was wondering if you think its my stock strut/cambers maybe tierod? balljoint? Any suggestions would be great. It doesnt affect how it drives, just makes you nervous when you hear it

yeah its the piece at the top of the shock spring assembly

It's hard to say without hearing it...But, If your going to replace your struts & coils soon, than I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure it's something related to your struts so when you replace them, that will fix the problem. However, if the problem is still there then I would for sure look more into it. Could possibly be your CV joints starting to go out, but usually those only clunk when you are taking a corner. Look under your car and if the CV joint is ripped, than I would throw new axels on your car.

thanks for the advice. Does anybody know where I can find not so much top of the line but reliable struts n a front/rear camber kit besides on ebay for a good price? Or is ebay the way to go

Back