suspension set-up help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
got a 92 hatch. want to improve handling as much as possible. i am thinking i may stay with springs instead of coilovers, because i dont care much about adjusting ride height and the price difference is big. what are good springs to use for a the best handling and a 2" drop or maybe even a little less?

i plan on going with some sort of adjustable struts for sure, any recommendations?

what are my options as far as sway bars with this chassis? can i use integra sway bars or some other stock bars? what are the best aftermarket sway bars?

im just looking for some opinions and some knowledge here. i used to be into hondas years ago. i just picked up this hatch and want to know whats good these days. thanks

How much are you looking to spend, and what model is your hatch? Remember you can search as well, I have a few suspension threads of my own that you can take a look at, I also have a 92'.

im not sure the model of my hatch... it doesnt say on the title or anywhere on the car. is there a way to tell? it doenst have the original engine or interior. does it matter what model it is?

as far as price... $600 for springs and struts is what i was thinking

There are online sites that will translate your VIN number for you. You could also tell us the engine code.

The model of your hatch matters because if it is a Dx then your Lca's won't be pre-drilled for endlinks for a rear swaybar, so then you would have to purchase aftermarket Lca's for your hatch. If you go with a swaybar over the stock size it is reccommended that you get a subframe brace to avoid subframe tearout (not a good thing).

Last edited:
budget?
type of driving you want better handling for? (ie: track use or spirited road use?)
model of the car?

i just want a fun, stable, and predictable handling car for the street. its a 92 civic hatch with a b18c1 swap that currently has cut springs on blown stock shocks.... it sucks. the original owner was kind of an idiot. what do you guys recommend???

i was hoping to only spend $600 on springs and shocks, but maybe a little more if i have to.

KYB AGX shocks
Neuspeed Street springs

should be able to find that setup for around 600 if you look around

as for the sway bars we will need to know what model your car started life as so we will know if you are set up for a sway bar already or of you will need aftermarket (or other factory) LCAs and such

Back