**SUV / Offroad Vehicle advice needed**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda crv are crap offraod period. I have seen two try to go down roads I take my 2wd chevy down and I can makeit further ( i pull one out )

h3 = tahoe with a body kit. its meant for soccer practice, not the woods. plus, 8 mpg sucks.

rubicons are nice. lot of money though... not a big jeep fan i guess.

ummm... H2 = Tahoe with a Body Kit.. H3 = S10 AKA Colorado with a Body Kit.

I would recommend a Jeep Unlimited.. Get a hard top for it, and you have a nice jeep, some extra room in the back, and a great off road vehicle.

SUV's aren't made for utility anymore.. They are made for soccer moms.. The only true off road SUV anymore is a jeep. Whether it be a cherokee, wrangler, or anything... They are the only true off road vehicle.

i now drive a jeep liberty, handles well off road :) I am actually about to buy some new rims and tires to really help out in all season traction. I get 23-25 mpg, i have the limited with navigation and evic. Navi is the dvd type and isnt always the most accurate but it helps get me in the general direction. I paid 14k for a 2004 out the door, wiith 100k warrenty.

plus, 8 mpg sucks.
The H3 has a 5 cylinder, so I don't think the MPG is that bad.

If he likes to go hunting why does he want an SUV instead of a truck to carry his kill and maybe a quad so he can get to certain places the truck and/or SUV can't?

As far as SUV's go, I'd suggest a VW Touareg. Touareg - Overview Please don't let anyone tell you that vw's are crap because they are just as reliable as a Honda...matter fact any thing can be pretty reliable as long as you take care of it, unless of course it's a Saturn then you're fucked either way :lol: :ph34r: I've had a 91 Golf WolfsBurg Edition, a 96 Golf GL, and an 04 Golf GLS and not one of them gave me any problem.

If he goes the truck route, i'd suggest the Ridgeline:cool:

IF you absolutely, positively NEED to never get stuck, always start, get good gas and go anywhere, at any time, for any reason then you will need only an older Toyota Pickup truck.

Steve Irwin agreed with me- you should too.

... And at a beam of about 16 feet - the DUKW is slightly narrower than a Hummer.

Or is that the LARK that I'm thinking of ?

I'd say a Jeep Wrangler. But...at highway speeds in the middle of winter, it gets kinda old when the snow makes it past the ragtop.

The new 4 door is pretty cool. From what I can see, it's not entirely "just a stretched wrangler". Every panel has something different and all of the dimensions are different.

Yeah bringin back the CJ8 hardtops. Just like the old postal jeeps. Those things rock, right cel?

Back