Swap Civic Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaCivicGsR06

okay okay i kno i'ma get flamed for this but i've been searchin for tha pass weeks and finally my friend told me about this site n i searched thru tha post but still couldnt find anything but i have a 96 honda civic hatch back wit a gsr swap, i like how it pulls but i want more power n i was thinkin of a turbo kit, so i bought it but its not on yet then i thot about this, puttin tha turbo in is easy but how about tha intercooler ? and no i didnt buy tha intercooler yet

what all have you bought?

what kinda power goal do you have?

have you found someone to tune your car once the turbo is installed?

all i bought is a turbo kit from greddy for a gsr wit no front mount, and my power goal is around 250 ish, and yes my step dad will be tuning it for me n he also did tha swap for me ... all i really wanna kno is how will i fit a gsr front mount n them other pipes on my civic

okay if you bought the kit from greddy, that probably means you got a TDO5H 18g turbo (kinda small, but workable). As far as an intercooler, youll have to measure some open area behind your front bumper and infront of your radiator/compressor. After that buy an intercooler accordingly. Once you have the intercooler picked out, mount it up and then trailer your car to a muffler shop (or purchase mandrel bends yourself and weld them yourself) and have them give you a quote for the piping on your turbo. If they have the ability to roll the ends of the pipe, have em do it. It keeps the pipes from seperating.

Your other option. talk to josh at ccfabonline.com and hope his kit works for your application.

CC-FAB : 94-01 Integra Intercooler Piping Kit

As for the tuning, i doubt your step dad has the tools to tune the engine on for turbo (i make that assumption since your asking pretty basic questions at this point). When it comes to tuning for turbo, it requires writing a new program for the ecu. That in it self requires either a chipped ecu, tuning software like crome or uberdata and a chip burner/emulator. Most people dont have that sitting in there house. If for some reason you do then youll be good to go. If not find a tuner in your area that will tune with crome or hondata is gonna be your best bet. I dont know where you are located, but most of us could probably direct you towards a good tuner depending on where you live.

damn i knew it was gunna be a pain, probly just gunna give tha car back to my brother when he comes back from iraq but thanks for tha help anywayz

The tuning part isnt too bad. Lucky for you there's dozens of peoples maps saved on pgmfi.org for a boosted GSR. You just need to find one using the same size turbo and injectors and that will get you about 80% there. With some basic reading on pgmfi.org you'll learn how to tune the car the rest of the way.

You will need:
Chipped ECU
Chip Burner
Ostrich RTP
Chips
Laptop :)

If you plan on boosting over 10.5psi, get a new map sensor, otherwise the stock will work just fine!

Back