swap not done but looking for more

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 8 2004, 02:01 PM

i'm looking for 185-200 at the wheels
with no boost that much power will smoke boosted cars with the same power

not necessarily.

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 10 2004, 04:02 PM
the difference in v-tec and non is that non v-tecs have more torque and that you dont have to stay at 8 trillion rpms with to have some usable power

no that is wrong. the peak torque of those motors arent directly associated with vtec. you compared a ls torque to gsr. now look at the stroke and displacement of the motors; the gsr is actually 1797cc while the ls is 1834cc; of course you know theres no replacement, which is why the ls has more torque. but if put the ls crank in the gsr, or a vtec head on the ls, you not only get the torque but also higher horsepower at high rpm.

Here's a comparison between two engines with nearly equal HP output:

LS, no VTEC:
LSallmotor.jpg

GS-R:
GSR2.gif

And if you think that 37ccs makes up the difference in torque between these engines, you're delusional.

Turbo hype - turbo power = VTEC

READ THE BOTTOM OF THE LS DYNO:
JG reground cams, DC header, Cold Air intake, valve job, full exhaust, 11:1 Pistons

usls1.jpg

hows that for ya
just a header pretty much stock vs stock

yeah thats a huge difference 1ft/lb so tellme what v-tec does for you again
oh yeah it make you fall on your face at lower rpm's because you dont like a lumpy idle
awwwww so sad

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 11 2004, 05:09 AM
Turbo hype - turbo power = VTEC

whoa there, lets not go stealing peoples quotes off ClubSi.

anyway I use to beat LS's all the time when my civic was nearly stock with a whoppin 102 ft. lbs. of torque to the wheels. after VTEC engaged, it was no contest.

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 10 2004, 04:02 PM

if your racing some one in your gsr you want to keep your revs in vtec
now if the person you are racing has some cams in his ls with the same profile as you vtec lobes whats the point in vtec?

really whats the point if i have cams with the same profile as your v-tec lobes
ill be in vtec all the time

Originally posted by racintweek@Jun 11 2004, 11:19 AM
so tellme what v-tec does for you again
oh yeah it make you fall on your face at lower rpm's because  you dont like a lumpy idle 
awwwww so sad

really? that's funny cause I didn't seem to experience that problem.
n/a, launching in VTEC made the RPM's fall just below VTEC and then bam, back in VTEC.

no that ls with the pistons wouldve made more hp. why? because hp is rpm dependent. if you look at the ls chart you posted with the gsr dyno you will see its still making power at redline. where the ls made 152@7000, the gsr was only making 140. now look at the dyno you just posted afterwards. look at the torque figures...the same as the gsr right??? now look at the hp. there you go.

Back