Swap Problems Help (wireharness & Mount)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teambypass

Hey guys, a long two hours trip home this weekend turn out to be a stressful one. I am droping a 98' JDM GSR into a 96' civic CX hb and have encountered the following problems: first, the GSR front mount, the one on the right near the timing belt wont fit into the stock holes of the car because the stock holes of the mount was designed different. This GSR front mount has two holes that easily slid on and one hole in the middle which is secured onto the car. My stock mount has two creket holes and a bracket that screwed onto another mount which is secured by 3 holes onto the base of the car, since this front mount cannot be secured onto the car, I didnt risk the chance of dropping my motor by just securing the other three mounts(left, sides, and rear). The second problem is: my wireharness wont pluge and play into the GSR wireharness and people suggested me to get a hold of a 96 and up EX wireharness.

If anyone of you guys had done the same swap, please tell me how you deal with these problems. Are the mounts different in anyway between a CX and DX hatchback? please advice me on how to code with thes problems. thank you...

get the ex harness, if you are refering to the upper drivers side mount you need the bracket that bolts to the block from a 99-00 SI and they use your stock motor mount

get the ex harness, if you are refering to the upper drivers side mount you need the bracket that bolts to the block from a 99-00 SI and they use your stock motor mount [/QUOTE]

Okay, so the ex harness would do the job but about the bracket that bolts to the block from a 99-00 SI.....???I am confused and lost. Which bracket that bolts to the block are we referring to???? is the bracket that hold the SI stock mount??? could you or someone show me a picture??? Even if I get the bracket, I would not be able to use my stock motor mount since the two holes are not line across from each other, there are criket. I also have the stock GSR mount but it wont bolt onto the original holes of the stock mount. I also look at WWW.HASPORT.COM and they carry mounts but their mounts look just like the stock one, and it wont do me any good. What I want is something to hold the motor tight to car. I dont know which if this is the upper drivers side mount, but its the one next to the TIMING BELT, and if this is call the upper drivers side mount then that must be it. Thanks for helping and please add your knowlege to this post cause I would need every little help as much as I can. thanks guys.

Hey Baker, how come I can use the SI bracket and not my CX bracket since there are the same???? do you know how much it cost?? is this bracket we talking about are the same as the one hasport.com offered??? thanks

hey baker first let me say hows that si grill treating you and second the swap is easy you take the mount on time belt side along with the crank pulley and timing cover and install both top and bottom 99-00 si mounts yo uhave to take crank pulley off to get the timing cover off and you have to take the timing coveroff to get to the bottom two bolt for the mount its easy after that just rassemble in reverse the as for the rear mount also 99-00 si mount you can reuse your stock bolts on all as for the otheres the all universal for 96-00 for axels 99-00 si 0r gsr or delsol all are the same length and diameter for the harness you can reuse your stock one and add vtec prss vtec selenoid and knock or you can use ex or si harness :D

Thanks PootSIracer,
So I can just use the bracket from the SI 99-00. Is there any site that show me step by step to add the Vtec and the oil presure wires? Since I havent done adding Vtec wire or oil presure line, and if I decide to use the EX or SI and even to buy a 98 GSR USDM wireharness do I need to add anything else if I use one of this wireharnesss. Oh, one more question, on my motor B18C, I have all the wires still attacht to the motor, my cousin told me I could use the wireharness that came with the motor and all I need is the other part of the wireharness from a 96 and up EX or 99-00 SI and I can plug and play. is this possible??? thanks

to take te harness thats on it would be a nightmare and try to splice it back together you better off buying gsr usdm harness because I wasn't thinking the gsr has secondardies which is still something your gonna have to add to an ex or si harness hasport.com tell you what pin to put where if you decide to go that route any and you need gsr ecu cause no other ecu will open secondaries if you got any more question feel free to email me

by the way hows the grill off my si treating you

hey the grill is great I'm still trying to find fenders though

integra harnesses and civcs don't get along they are set up different since the integra is a two piece and the civic is one. you can use you harness but some of the plugs are wrong. I used and EX harness for my swap (b18b into 97 dx) I went fine for me but you would still have to add a few things.

I have everything that need to do the swap. I have the motor with transmission attactch to it, ECU, axels, shiftlikage, motor mounts, wireharness, everything that need to do the swap. The problems that I have so far are the driver side mount which the stock GSR mount wont fit and I have already order a bracket which bolts into the block from a 2000 SI, so this will solves the mounting problem. So right now, I only concern with the wireharness. If I buy a GSR wireharness it just plug and play right??? no additional wire need to be add??? and what if I buy an EX or SI do I need anything else. And if i decide to use my stock wireharness, is there any site show me how to add the vtec wire and other wires???thanks...

Hey guys, can I use the wire harness from the firewall into the ECU from an older modle car such as 92-95 since they have three clips that will plug into the wire harness that has three clips that attatch to the motor. and will the wire harness from this oder model plug into my new ECU (P27)??? does this work since I have the OBDII ECU but with OBDI wire harness from the ECU to the firewall and clipe into an OBDII wire harness from the firewall into the engine bay? I know this is confusing but I will give some pictures up so we know exactly what I am talking about. thanks guys and keep posting, your information help me a whole lot. check back soon. thanks

do not buy a gsr harness you don't need it and it won't work, get a 96-98 ex harness only. The gsr harness is setup very differently than the civic one. If you get a 99-00 si harness it will not plug directly into your ecu and you will have to buy a jumper harness.

Originally posted by Baker@Apr 16 2003, 06:27 PM
do not buy a gsr harness you don't need it and it won't work, get a 96-98 ex harness only. The gsr harness is setup very differently than the civic one. If you get a 99-00 si harness it will not plug directly into your ecu and you will have to buy a jumper harness.

also what rear trans mount are you using because you need one from a 99-00 SI

the B18C motor have complete wireharness from the motor to the firewall, and when I plug the GSR ECU using my stock wire harness, it pluged in perfectly. The wire harness that came with the motor are uncut, and has three clips where they can be plug into the other half of the wire that come from the ECU but since my civic only have one clip (at least what I saw, but will go back and strip my entire harness from the motor) that plug into one of the three clips from the GSR wire, will it work if I just get the other half of the GSR wire that came from the ECU to plug into these three clips??? So, if I get the EX wireharness, do I get the whole wireharness or just from the ECU to the motor??? If I get the EX wire hareness, is there any where in the net what show me to wire up the vtech??
As for the rear trans mount, I dont know if the GSR mount will fit...so if it doesnt, what I need is one from a 99-00 SI right? thanks Baker for your patience and knowlege.

Back