1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap shops in Oregon

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by moosebrew, Jan 30, 2010.

1. moosebrew

moosebrew New Member

Hey guys, any recommendations for a shop in the Corvallis, Salem area? I would even trailer it to the Portland area for the right shop. I have a 90 civic hatch with a d16zc swap. I have the surging idle issue and don't have the time to deal with it now. I am hoping a shop can fix it fast for a decent price.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark

2. REV2TEN

REV2TEN New Member

I know a few good shops in the Portland area, but this sounds like an easy fix. If you swaped the engine yourself, you would know a lot more about the wiring than any shop. Is the TPS pluged in?

3. moosebrew

moosebrew New Member

Yeah it's plugged in. I ended up taking to a good mechanic in Corvallis who cleaned the throttle body and adjusted the air intake somehow and the surging went away. It's leaking coolant out the back from somewhere I havne't been able to isolate yet but it seems to be coming from around the oil filter.

Mark

4. REV2TEN

REV2TEN New Member

Possibly a oil cooler coolant hose, or a heater hose. There are a few of them back there.

5. efhatch9086

efhatch9086 New Member

I do lots of swaps but I'm in hillsboro I just did this swap on my own car and had issue it was because I for got a hose its on the iacv sensor on back of intake mani it also flows coolant and deals with ur idle. also ur have that issues if sensor is damaged its a black sensor its good sized and its on back of intake mani closer to the tb

If u need more help u can email me at jeff.paulsen1@vzw.blackberry.net

6. 1991AccordDxH22A

1991AccordDxH22A New Member

The only shop i know is in aloha i believe its called speedconcept. also a very good shop in vancouver called 360 imports. can try 1 of those im going to go with 360 for my h22 swap

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted