swaping motors in my 00 si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkSyde Design

hey guys im new here. i had a question about a swap i'm going to do shortly. i have a 00 civic si with the normal b16 in it. i'm going to get a another b16 head with a b18 block and a b16 transmission. its obd1 and vtec. how hard would it be to swap that into my car. could i use my stock motormounts? this is my first swap and i just want to have my homework done before i jump all over it. i've been told its cake but nothing is ever cake. and advice pics or tricks would be greatly appreciated to make this process easier. thanks ahead of time.

yeah, just pull yours out and put the other in. mounts are the same. the only thing you have to do is get a obd2 to obd1 jumper harness. everything else is already wired. so no need to play with wiring. the jumper harness is easy enough, plug the harness onto your car harness, then plug in the ecu.
mounts and axles and shift linkage are all good, yours is a b series already, all the b series blocks will just bolt right up to your car.
all in all, its cake.

i've seen them on clubcivic.com for sale. it says there an obd2 to obd1 conversion harness. they go for about 100.00 bucks i think.

oh, well most people go to rywire to get theirs, i dont know anything about boomslang, so im not gonna knock their items. but i know that the owner of rywire is a member here, dont know if hes one there, but rywire has great product and service.

i checked rywire after you told me about it and there prices are WAY better. so i'm going to go ahead and order from there shortly. thansk for the info, really appreciate it.

Back