Swapping a B17A to a B16A G2 wondering about ECU'S

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

J3r3my590

Hello all, just a few questions, i currently have a B17A in my 1992 GSR however iam swapping it with a B16A G2 SIR II. i kno that everything will fit as far as motor mounts, stock YS1 tranny and stuff, im just wondering if my stock P61 ECU will work with the new engine or do i need the B16's stock ECU being the P30? both are capable of handling VTEC. just wondering if they will work with eachother, or if there is a better match or other options i can do....?

i believe from my understanding everything is the same, and it will work however the fuel timming and vtec's engaging RPM will be different using the P61 ECU (from the B17a). i also hear that im better off getting a P72 ECU to use with my swap... either way im a little confused and would like to know wat would work, wat would work better and your opinions on it... maybe gettting it chipped or hondata is better or easier... let me know!

thanks

your stock p61 ecu will work... but it won't be perfect, as its designed for the gsr motor, not the si motor. i dont know what those gsr's are (obd 0 or 1) but your probably best off with that gen pr3 or p30 (b16 ecus, depending on obd)

Back