swapping b16a sir 2 into 95civic hb dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sbcsam

I just got my engine and i noticed that on the shift linkage is diff. THere are like to bars, one that shifts gears and one that i guess just holds it there, but on the b16 they're on the oppisite side. How would install them? can I just cross them,and what year and model linkage can I use. Also how do you remove the pins from the harness,is there like a specail tool?if so where can i get it and what is it called? On the shock tower of my stock harness there are three wires that are not being used when i plug in the new harness from the b16,can i use those for the vtec sol.vtec oil and the knock sensor? if so how can I repin them?
can i use my stock radiator, and hoses? What timing belt will fit?
These are some of the problems that I ran into. I hope that somebody that's done this swap can help me out
thanks in advance

1. shift linkage drivers side, stabilizer is on the passenger side. you can't cross them. remove them carefully and you will have an idea how to reinstall them. or borrow a manual from a friend.
2. use a metal punch and a hammer to remove the pin, it will just pop out but be careful not to lose it.
3. i don't know the wiring.
4. yes, the stock radiator will work.
5. del sol b16 timing belt will work

yeah but on the engine the shift linkage is on the passangers side and the stable. is on the driver side. what do you mean I'll have an idea?

IF you get the shift linkage from a 94+ integra it will bolt right up wtih no mods

FOr a shift linkage, get one from a 94+ integra, it is not worth the dick work to try and reuse (cause it won't work).

what are the wires? are they in the harness, or are they just sitting loose in the engine bay? (never heard of that before)

Stock radiator will work, but everyone recommends that you upgrade. I am using a B16 Del sol Radiator, DUAL CORE. That way if you have air, you can save that. But then you need a different mounting bracket. The hoses for the radiator. You need to Get I think 94+ LS OR GSR INTEGRA.

For the timing belt, a B16 del sol or a 99-00 civic SI. they will both work.

Darin

use your stock radiator it works fine also those wires on the pass side shock tower are for your vtec solinoid and pressure switch also thaere is one for the 4 wire 02 sensor you must only hve a one wire set up and your car must be a cx not a dx if you need help with wiring let me know thanks :ph34r:

Back