Swapping B18B1 into EK Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nsgtr88

I got a hydrolocked D16Z6 in a 96 Civic EX. I'm taking the motor and trans out, and swapping it with a B18B1 motor with the GSR trans out of a 94 Civic EG(already swapped). What my question is. Can anybody with experience tell me anything I should know. I never swapped a honda before but it seems very easy. I understand that both motors are OBD1. I will be swapping the ecu and everything its just i dont know the little tricks about it(they all do). I couldnt find any videos showing a good breakdown. Right now any information is good information. What would I need To get this motor in and running?To me it seems that the driverside mount is horizontal and the B series is vertical, im not sure. Thanks.

I think both engines are obd1. I'm not sure about the b18 cause I don't have it yet. But I heard my car had a b18 in it then. that was swapped out for the d16 and now I'm putting a b18 back into it. I'm sure the b18 came out of a integra 98. So it's obd2 But it's in a 94 eg so it should have the conversiion already so it should have the harness right? Driver side mount should be with it aswell unless the mount doesn't match up to a ek from a eg mount. O ya one thing that concerns me is the axels. There always a trick to getting them out. Lol I worked on fords before.

This is what is going on. I have a great 96 EK shell with a blown d16. I just picked up a 94 EG with a b18, the shell is terrible. I want to put the b18 in the EK.
Everything should be there right? There is nothing I need... I don't want stall in the middle of this.lol

R94-01 integra or 99-00 civic Si drivers side mount
B-series rear t bracket (integral or b series civic)
Conversion harness (obd2-obd1)
axels from 94-01 integra or b series car
shift linkage from integra

To determine whether or not the engine is obd1, look at the valve cover. Obd2 will have a pct valve right on the top..obd1 will not.. also different style of valve covers.
you'll also need to do a 3 to 2 wire conversion on the iacv and the ckf trick if its obd2

Would the axels from the 94 that has the b18 work on the 96 civic? I thought it would be interchangable.

Back