swapping harnesses

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sal_blkej2

i have a obd1 gsr harness right now that is cut and messed up so i'm looking to replace it. my questions are, will i run into any problems using a obd1 ex harness? will it just plug up exactly like the obd1 gsr harness? i know i'm going to have to swap over the wires that i ran for vtec, oil pressure, etc. to the ex harness but i'm worried about all the other plugs and sensors plugging up. i think everything should be alright but i guess i just wanted be sure before i do it. any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks, Sal

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2004, 10:26 PM
what car/year/trim?
what motor/year?
[post=374596]Quoted post[/post]​

its a 95 civic coupe dx with a 95 gsr motor and harness. oh yeah i'm using a p28 chipped ecu right now. everything but the a/c is working fine, i just wanted to make sure the ex harness would plug up just like the gsr harness w/o any problems. thanks, Sal

The harness will be a littel short on the tranny side, either extend the wires that don't reach, or get creative in the routing. But it will all pllug up, just add the vtec, knock, IAB wires.

well i swapped the harnesses out today and the only thing that didnt plug up was the sensor for the IAB. (right side of manifold) thats cuz there wasnt no plug for it on the ex harness. the only plugs i had to extend were the intake air temp. sensor, vtec and oil pressure. other than that everything else plugged right in. in the end i had a idle problem but i really couldnt check what was causing it cuz i ran out of time. i'll see what i can come up with tomorrow. any info would be great. thanks, Sal

Back