swapping motors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sihatchback_RL

Don't you guys just hate when little things that come by when swapping in your motor. I just swapped in my JDM GSR in my hatch and the little things are pissing me off. i have to cut and solder wires to make things fit, machine drill my VTEC O.P. sensor cuz the JDM one didn't have it, my distributo is a one plug instead of two, and as things are going great and i'm getting happy that i'm going to get to start my motor, the axles don't fit, and i have to go back to kragen and get the right ones. now that the axles aren't going to be here within the next 4 days, i'm pissed.

thats nothing... that stuff is required to do when you get the wrong obd motor for your car :D

talk to me when it takes you 10 months. to pull off a build. hehe

Im anticipating the B20 swap, pretty straight forward... but a few things need to be replaced... water pump, timing belt... etc...

it's the little things that make you remember why people PAY other people to do that crap...

but, in the end, you'll be more stoked, because YOU did it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 19 2004, 10:35 PM
thats nothing... that stuff is required to do when you get the wrong obd motor for your car :D

talk to me when it takes you 10 months. to pull off a build. hehe
[post=379453]Quoted post[/post]​

You didn't have 10 months worth of problems though. It just took you 10 months to overcome those problems. :)

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Aug 20 2004, 09:42 PM
it's the little things that make you remember why people PAY other people to do that crap...

[post=379927]Quoted post[/post]​

:fosho2:

Originally posted by tab+Aug 21 2004, 01:11 PM-->
StarBellieAngel
@Aug 20 2004, 09:42 PM

[post=379927]Quoted post[/post]​

:fosho2:
[post=380045]Quoted post[/post]​

You have no idea how proud of myself that I actually pulled the Auto-Manual off... so yea, I am more stoked havin done it myself that having someone do it for me.

Back