symptoms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

alright.....need to find out why that infamous gray cloud of smoke comes out of the exhaust only when downshifting....spark plugs were just replaced a month ago, running MSD wires with it. motor is pretty much stock. can ne1 list some common causes...help would be appreciated

what motor is it?
whats your milliage?

depending on motor and miliage, its hard to tell what might be the actual problem.

hmmm, does it smoke constantly, or just when you downshift? cause the only thing i'm thinking of is maybe your vavle seats, but if you only have 40k on it, it shouldn't be that. hmm, honestly i not too sure, do you have any performace stuff, i.e. headers, exuast, no cat, that sort of thing, because i know that a full exaust system will do that. espciall with no cat.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Apr 22 2005, 07:57 AM
hmmm, does it smoke constantly, or just when you downshift? cause the only thing i'm thinking of is maybe your vavle seats, but if you only have 40k on it, it shouldn't be that. hmm, honestly i not too sure, do you have any performace stuff, i.e. headers, exuast, no cat, that sort of thing, because i know that a full exaust system will do that. espciall with no cat.
[post=490045]Quoted post[/post]​

only at downshift does it occur and its only got CAI and MSD wires

Originally posted by PLA5151+Apr 24 2005, 10:21 PM-->
92dxhatch
@Apr 22 2005, 07:57 AM
[post=490045]Quoted post[/post]​

only at downshift does it occur and its only got CAI and MSD wires
[post=491058]Quoted post[/post]​

do you down shift easy or hard?, because that will make a differeance also

Back