t70 on a gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont have the ability to tell you that answer, but i know that the people who can will need to know what youve done to the engine and what psi do you plan on running.

with that turbo nothin over 25psi. but i am running a t3/t4 now and wanting somethin with a little lag so it will launch a little better on TA's
but im running a built GS-R with 9:1 pistons 20 over and some other stuff

i think the only diff. is the t70 Has A 70A/r and the 60-1 has a 60A/r what would thew t60 come in at.. my car spools the t3/t4 up a 2300 lugging it

If you opt for the larger turbine housing that will help to kill the quick spool up. Unfortunately I dont know the math to find the exact numbers for you.

The A/R of the compressor housing wont effect it too too much, I believe its the turbine housing that controls most of the spool up characteristics.

ALSO, on your T3/T4 are you using a .48A/R on the turbine housing? It sounds like it since you're getting such a quick spool. Maybe .63 or even a .84 on that turbo would be better for your needs.

Its not the power he's worried about, he wants a longer spool time.

yeah i need a little lag... but i would like it to come in around 35-4000 rpm
at this time i am running 28 psi on my gsr and with that turbo it just breaks the tires loose as soon as i launch ... but do you guys think my car will be able to pull that big turbo?

What size turbine housing do you have now on the T3/T4? Prolly a .48, it should be written on the housing somewhere.

i think it is a .48 id have to check when i get home...would my car be better off with the t70 or t60-1... i am looking for around 725 hp.. i am use to all motor and kinda new at the turbo thing but i have a full built GS-R and i am gonna run the full race top mount mani... with 4inch exhaust

what size turbine is better for a honda.. my fried has some turbo on his hatch GT 4088-R or somthin like that..

i want a turbo that is a little over kill but not so much that it takes me until 5000 to spool it.

Last edited:
A GT series has a dual ball bearing center and will spool up quickly.

T4 60-1 running 25psi should do the trick. 725hp is a lot of power to try and reach.

my friend has 750 whp in a street drive hatch on the same setup but with a full race intake mani and the GT4088r turbo. but i dont have money like he does.. so i am trying to find a turbo that can give me good results for less money.. what A/R exhaust should i run?

thanks for the replys

shat does the turbo 84 mean i looked at the turbo section but i can understand what it talking about and what makes it better?
thatnk you for you info

The .84 and the 1.05 are the size of the exhaust housing. The larger the number the larger the turbine housing. The larger the turbine housing the longer the spool but with better flow.

Back