Tach and Fuel Gauge Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sofast

I Got my CRX shell and dropped an A6 in it. The tach was inop. Well since I dropped a B18a1 in and i have the same results. I notice when I shut the car down the tach will jump a little as the engine is stopping. I have alldata and it says the tach is tied in with the Clock. My clock works so that circuit is verified. Does anyone have any ideas?

My fuel Gauge works but it reads either full or empty at random times. After research it is lso tied int othe clock. Alldata doesnt give me a diag flow chart with voltage specs. so Im not sure where to go from here. Please help

your tach gets signal from the blue wire coming from the distributor make sure that's good. I sometimes get a jumpy tach too, but I attribute that mostly to a bad cluster. the fuel gauge gets a signal from the float under the rear seat it's easy to replace try one from a junk yard. But I'm also just thinking it's probably just the cluster get a friend to swap with you and see what happens.

Back