Tach on a 92 Civic DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

ok i have a 92 Civic Hatchback DX and i dont have a tach.. im wondering if i can get the Si Cluster and put it in.. would it jus plug in play or do i have to do other things?

Step 1 buy EX/SI cluster
step 2 remove old cluster per manufacturers instruction
step 3 replace with new cluster
step 4 enjoy.

just order a JDM SiR cluster. Amber glow and a 9k tach. Plus everything is in km/hr. You gotta get good at the .621xRPM conversion to avoid tickets, but I love mine...I'm sure you'll love yours too! They only run in the neighorhood of about $195-200, even less on EBAY. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T BUY THE FOUR DOOR CLUSTER. It has a little car below the tach with the doors showing. It's NOT what you want. Here's a pic of mine...

Parts for rebuilding my EG6 after theft.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 26 2003, 12:20 PM
Step 1 buy EX/SI cluster
step 2 remove old cluster per manufacturers instruction
step 3 replace with new cluster
step 4 enjoy.

Exactly....

Originally posted by illmatik@Oct 26 2003, 11:34 AM
ok i have a 92 Civic Hatchback DX and i dont have a tach.. im wondering if i can get the Si Cluster and put it in.. would it jus plug in play or do i have to do other things?

if you how to do this let me know i want to do it as well but with a 99si clusther

dok if you have the same car as he does then a 99si cluter wont fit.

when your poping out the plastic cover watch out for the vents and stuff i cracked part of mine.

also get the speedometer out of your dx cluster and replace the SI/EX one because if you go smog it they will write down the miles and if the miles on the cluster you have is less then the dx then that will make a problem. also watch out for the auto ex ones.

Back