1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tachometer wiring issues

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by lilpaintballer10, Aug 19, 2011.

1. lilpaintballer10

lilpaintballer10 New Member

my aftermarket tach works but seems to be "delayed and sporadc". it idles at the right rpm so i know i have the cylinder adjustment right, but it doesnt seem to be getting the correct signal because ill rev the car and my tach shows that i will be barely getting past 3000 rpm. i found that highly unlikely as it sounded a lot higher than that. its on a 92 h22a civic hatch with a chipped p28. the car has an msd blaster ss ignition coil. do i need to get an adapter for this aftermarket tach or is the tach just junk. ive tried hooking it up to all sorts of blue wires with the same result!

2. Rammus

Rammus New Member

Do you have it hooked to a good ground? Have seen a bad ground cause them to be sporadic and not hold the correct position.

3. lilpaintballer10

ive tried everything. ive changed the ground 3 times and rewired all the others too with no change

4. Rammus

Rammus New Member

What brand is the tach?

5. lilpaintballer10

its a cheapo gauge i got from my buddy. its from glowshift.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted