Taft high School shooting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I completely agree with your second point.

As to the first point, I am not advocating for TSA or even metal detectors in schools. What I am advocating for is reinforced doors with steal strike plates in the frame, shatter resistant glass and the ability to lock down a school in segments. We require fire suppression in all schools, why not harden access points? Think foreign embassy versus prison.

Work at a school and none of my classrooms nor the hallways have fire suppression............

Well it does seem that very few states require fire suppression. That is what I get for assuming.

No sprinklers? At all?

Just saw your post pop up before mine Drake, wow I always assumed the same as well. Seems like a common sense type of thing to me.

Maybe in newer schools? If you think about it though most schools are made from Steel, CMUs, Engineered Concrete and the like with very few actual flammable materials in them. I don't know.......I do know that I cannot cover more than 50% of my walls square footage with flammable mater like paper or I could get cited.

I think you're the only one. You have to be buzzed in to get in the front door of any school I've been to in the last 5 years. Some even have armed guards in the rougher areas. But like I said above, there are other ways in usually.

You'd be surprised the places I've gotten into without being challenged. There's a hospital here in MD that was very surprised, and paid me quite well to recommend fixes to their problems. As far as I know they actually implemented it.

You'd be surprised the places I've gotten into without being challenged. There's a hospital here in MD that was very surprised, and paid me quite well to recommend fixes to their problems. As far as I know they actually implemented it.
Maybe it's because I'm in a nanny blue state. I will say, I feel more able to walk freely in PA or places down south.

Back