1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TB Size??

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by EJ1B18C, Mar 4, 2008.

1. EJ1B18C

EJ1B18C New Member

I have a skunk 2 Intake Mani. and i would like your opinion on a bigger throttle body, cause i have no clue on what a good size to pick, its going on my B18C Gsr....:confused:

[​IMG]

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

well what is the size of the inlet hole for the tb

3. EJ1B18C

EJ1B18C New Member

i think its 64mm but im no too sure.

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

5. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

SKunk2 offer's a throttle body matched for their manifolds. You can get both pieces as a package for around $400-$479 on ebay.

6. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

7. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

8. EJ1B18C

EJ1B18C New Member

ok will do, thanks guys.

9. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

How does one match the TB size to the cam profile, Scott?

10. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Sort of like the head bone is connected to the neck bone. The neck bone is connected to the back bone theory? :D That works for me. I'll be sure to ask the head porter about this when I take it in. Thanks again.

11. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

I'm glad you said that, though I wonder if others will pay attention to you on this. I could never just "throw parts" into an engine. Then again, that would make for an interesting fireworks display I'm sure. If I wanted to waste money and just throw it away, I'd ask for your address and send it to the "Blanco fund" in California.

I was going to ask one more question about flowbenching your head, but that would probably be considered thread jacking. Hence, I'll save it for my own thread. :D

12. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Perhaps I should make a donation in your name to the "freakin'geniusesthatliketojustthrowpartsintheirenginesandmakeitgoboom" club. I'm sure it will help many people out there get their car running the RIGHT way after not listening to others advice on how to do things PROPERLY the first time. :D Or I could just make a "help poor ass Blanco get his damn DX running again" fund. :p

I'll tell you what, Scott, as far as the learning part goes, wow...you should see how misinformed I was before in picking parts for my build. I laugh at myself when I look at what I "thought" would be beneficial for my build. I'm glad that I turned out like my father and have the patience to read and research before spending oodles of cash on things I do not need. Then again that could also stem from the fact that I'm a poor ass and don't have oodles of cash to blow around in the first place. haha Either way, just like Blanco stated, I urge everyone to TAKE THEIR TIME and research the parts you want to add to your build. You may be surprised as to what will and will not work towards your specific goals.

With that said, I'm going to go stick a shot of 250 NOS in my car to make it go REALLY fast now. I know it will work on completely stock internals...right? Right? :D:p;) The "boom" I'll hear will be from it breaking the sound barrier, of course.

13. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

^^^ ahaha .. your pretty funny dude

14. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

I have my moments. :D

15. boston-sol77

boston-sol77 New Member

well i know this question was for scott but i figured i would help anyways, whether that works or not i dunno lol. if you would truely want to match your cam profile to you throttle body you would have to have your head flow benched which i dunno how much it is but they are hard to find at least in my area. flow benching would tell you how much lift both your exhaust and intake valves would require before the max flow would be reached. then you would by cams with that lift profile. also the flowbench prints out a cfm chart which you could match you tb to. hopefully it helps.. dont ask me where one is lol cuz the only one i know of was at my skool and they wont even let me use it for my head

1 person likes this.
  16. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

I asked Scott because usually there's no one else that chimes in. haha Thank you very much. Welcome to the land of your very first REP point. Population, you. :thumbsup:

17. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

I figure this link may or may not help people out in figuring out TB sizes and what have you. I know that it enlightened me a lot. Enjoy....

Throttle Body Sizes

I tend to find neat little things like this with all the research I do and the kindness of others spreading their knowledge.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted