Tearing into my sisters Corolla

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luckily Im working on it at my parents house and my dad has all sorts of crazy tools. Im pretty sure he already has a swivel I just hope it wont break haha

Well I gave up on disconnecting the down pipe, and went a different route. I was gonna do the long extension idea, but couldnt get to the damn bolts to get the sensor in the way off. I could get the open end wrench onto them. But i had less than an inch of space to turn it, and couldnt get them to break free.

but I got the head off. now its time to put it all back together.

Attachments

• P__CC41.JPG
    P__CC41.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 180
Be ready to replace exhaust studs when reassembling - possiby will require a heli-coil or two. Prolly outta order a new set of exhaust manifold nuts for it and a new exhaust gasket and intake gasket. And valve cover gasket and WTF a timing belt unless it was replaced recently. May even go for the water pump while it's apart.

How did the head gasket look?

Last edited:
We just replaced the waterpump. but honestly the head gasket didnt look in too bad of shape. but hopefully it will fix the overheating issues. I didnt realize it was gonna be so much work just to change a stupid gasket.

I wanted to go ahead and change all the gaskets since I had it all off, and the motors about to hit 300k, but my father and my sister who are paying for it didnt want to spend the extra 100 bucks. So alas, Im just doing what I can.

Back