1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teg radiator in civic?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 92CHB, Aug 29, 2004.

1. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

i need a new radiator for my 1992 dx hatch and i was reccomended to get a gsr radiator. My future plans for the car is either a turbo'd b18b or a b18c, so i am not too sure what will fit. i don't have ac or plan on using it if that makes a difference. But if a teg radiator fits i'll go with that. also is there a dif. between an LS and a gsr radiator? or what a bout a del sol dual core? thanks!

2. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

A plain old civic radiator is fine. It's plenty too cool the engine. After you have a turboed car, it should still be satisfactory but if you feel the need for a better quality radiator then get a fluidyne civic radiator.

BTW, a 94+ integra radiator will fit with a little cutting. It's not worth the time....ask me how I know.

3. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

I'm curious about installing a teg radiator into my 95 civic. The integra radiator is a lot larger; why do you feel its not worth it?

4. rush3969

rush3969 Banned

A civic radiator will do just fine like he said...I've been running the same civic radiator on my 1.8 for like 2 years or more and they work out just fine

5. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

be careful if you plan on going dual core- a good amount of turbo setups will not fit with a dualcore setup

i would recommend getting the turbo setup finished, and find out if keeping the engine cool is even a problem- if it is, go with a thicker single core unit and a more powerful fan

6. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

There's no point in getting a bigger radiator other than "Wow, that looks cool", or if you happen across one cheaper than an OEM replacement. Radiators aren't made so they are on the verge of not cooling, they are more than sufficient.

7. 92civicb18b1

Like everyone said, they're plenty sufficient, I highly doubt your turbo setup will bring cooling issues either.

8. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

Alright sounds like i am gonna get a stock replacmetn radiator. Thanks for clearing up my questions :D :D

9. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

okay i found two places to buy from can't decide which.
    one is from the Radiator barn (i'd get option 2 i think since option 1 says nothing about mounting which makes me weary)
    And the other is radiators.com i can get a koyo replacment for a max $105 shipped from ebay.

Just curious if anone has done business with any of these companies.

10. 92civicb18b1

I think option 1 and 2 are the same, one is heavy duty. I'm pretty sure both will fit perfectly without any extra parts needed.

11. rtpassini

rtpassini Member

yeah i need to get a bigger one because of my h series swap. it gets fuckin hot in there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted